Full Version: 914 review on youtube
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
Some mistakes. You can comment here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we8LF_Rom4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we8LF_Rom4E

cheer.gif
tat2dphreak
140hp on a stock 2.0 with nothing but a exhaust and a few tweaks? wtf is he thinking?
75-76 was the 2.0 you "want" ?

he completely missed the point on the battery.. he barely researched this.
I'm glad it got some press, but this guy?

thanks for the video.
blitZ
914 GTS, what's that? I like his enthusiasm, but he's clueless.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(blitZ @ Oct 28 2009, 10:24 AM) *

914 GTS, what's that? I like his enthusiasm, but he's clueless.

I think he was used toe seeing"GTs"

meaning multiple GT cars, but he took it as GTS screwy.gif

I almost would be ok letting him slide on that one, but getting the hell hole wrong, and saying 75-76 was the more desirable...

it sounds like he scanned over some wiki page and got about half of the info.
johannes
It's nice to hear people not to flame the 914's and actually like them.
Already commented on the Youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we8LF_Rom4E
Rod
Commented too..

It is great to see the 914 get a bit of positive appreciation! cheer.gif
tat2dphreak
I skipped the comments and sent him an email biggrin.gif
Demick
He sure is enthusiastic, but has many, many errors.

Did he really say you could 'chip it' for 140hp?

And the 914-6 was killed after 2 years because it was so magnificent that it was taking away from 914-4 sales?
morph
Its good to hear something positive about the car.lot of errors.
But pretty common with alot of the owners that came in late due to the car gaining some popularity.I had a hard time hearing him say"chip the car"for more horsepower.
james
pcar9146guy
It's good that the 914 is getting positive reactions......he has many mistakes in his review....didn't do his homework....914-6 made for two years???? Let's do the math.....'70, '71, '72......I think that makes THREE years they were made.....Someone with a hot six/four needs to take him for a "ride" and make him piss his pants.....
Numbchux
apparently removing body weight helps increase horse power too WTF.gif
race914
agree.gif It's really good to see a positive review of the 914!

It's easy to throw rocks, but hopefully the comments we all send back are constructive so he can revise for accuracy.

All in all it was a good attempt to shine a positive light on the car we all love.

Thanks for the positive press motormouthtv!
jhadler
I couldn't keep listening... 914-6: 2800 lb car????

I'm glad he loves the car, and I'm glad he's giving the car props on his youtube show, but he's gotta do more research...

-Josh2
dw914er
sincere and positive outlook on the 914, but def some lack of facts
SECHSER
not sure about you all.. but i have sucha hard time taking someone serious when they say PORSH..
SirAndy
QUOTE(Demick @ Oct 28 2009, 09:30 AM) *

Maybe he meant chipping the paint to lose some weight? biggrin.gif

driving.gif Andy
jcambo7
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 28 2009, 10:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Demick @ Oct 28 2009, 09:30 AM) *

Maybe he meant chipping the paint to lose some weight? biggrin.gif

driving.gif Andy

lol-2.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(SECHSER @ Oct 28 2009, 10:01 PM) *

not sure about you all.. but i have sucha hard time taking someone serious when they say PORSH..

agree.gif I can't stand it when people say Porsh...my girl friend said it for the longest time and she finally started saying Porsche...I thought it was funny when he claimed he was really well read up on the 914's. lol-2.gif
agentblr
Reminds me of this D-bag I worked with years ago that was a mechanic at Art Bunker Porsche,He tried to convince me that a 914/6 had a longer wheelbase than the 4 cyclinder cars. Without a genuine 6 for comparison (I had a 73 2.0 at the time) I was concined to a stale mate,while I do appreciate this fellow's enthusiasim,get your facts straight before going on "the record"
6freak
QUOTE(SECHSER @ Oct 28 2009, 08:01 PM) *

Thats why i didnt say or post anything I got that right off the bat but later he does say Porsche ..and he never mentions the 916...He just need more input from 914world ..lol......Not a longer wheel base! a wider wheel base
championgt1
headbang.gif
agentblr
Oh and BTW I would like to offer a group buy on mogadotartar instant horsepower chips for the D-jet and L-jet 914! This will give 140 rear wheel HP. I think if we can get 10 people to sign on the price will only be $5500 !! Pm me if your interested !!! moooowhoooohaaaaaa!!!
oldschool
QUOTE(SECHSER @ Oct 28 2009, 08:01 PM) *

I with with you man (Porsche) chair.gif
sean_v8_914
some feel that pronouncing "Porsche" as 2 sylables is a snob thing. I tell them that is is a mans family name, after calling them by name in a mis-pronounced manner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.