Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Origina Equipment! Worth Saving?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
hwgunner
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentSo I have a ton of 914 (and 911 and 924T) parts that i got when I purchased GPR. I am in the process of going through all these parts and deciding wether or not to save them (fix'em or not), sell them (fix'em or not) or trash them. Quite frankly there is a lot of trash but i am feeling bad about this. I recently came across several boxes of seatbelts, early and late. Obviously some are for the 911 based on the date codes but none are in that good of condition as they sit. So, based on the pics below, should I save them or trash them? let me know what you think. Can the webbing be ditched and the parts saved, cleaned and replated? is that worth the effort?
hwgunner
another pic
hwgunner
last pic
914runnow
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Oct 28 2009, 04:05 PM) *

last pic

Hey Jonathon...I had a close to concour set of the olde style,
from a 'six' for a six..$35 smacks was it..and 45 mins of my time
to clean etc....reallllllllly not worth the time nor effort..
I have seen a few NOS on that olde style go for 100.00 for the pair..
Pitch the junk ones, put the good ones (non retractors) in the dishwasher,
sell them as a bulk buy..
Then your karma re the belts can rest..
Tom_T
Any chance you have one of these black plastic top caps for the 73 MY 3-point belt's top bolt cover in that old seatbelt stuff? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

IMHO in any case - I'd hang on to them for future 914/911/912 enthusiast needs, or pass them along to someone who will. They probably would clean up reasonably well in some/most cases, and they're mostly NLA now!

And a GPR Parts Question:

I'll also need 4 new fuel injectors for my 73 2L D-jet, when I get around to it, but the Porsche parts number 039-906-031 in their PET are different (if I'm reading it correctly as applicable to the GA 2L engines), Pelican lists it as PN 0-280-150-019, AA lists it as PN R039906031, PP only lists a rebuilt Bosch with "their PN" P906825 (which has nothing to do with a Porsche/VW/Bosch PN).... blink.gif

& none lists the one which your GPR website shows as applicable to the 73 914-2.0:
GPR part no. & Link:
Bosch PN: W0133-1600748
http://www.gprparts.com/shop/oem.php#cHJvZ...nBvc2l0aW9uPTA=
huh.gif

Is that really the new Bosch substitute part # for the correct D-jet EFI?? confused24.gif

Can you confirm this Jonathan, as the proper replacement part & performing to the same specs as the original, since you're the new owner of GPR? biggrin.gif

poke.gif ...if so folks, GPR is selling them for $53 each, while reman OE Bosch ones are $75, & this would be a DEAL! smile.gif
hwgunner
The injector has sold from my site. there was only one and i am not sure when more will be available from Bosch. I think they may be NLA as of now.

Tom, I will look for the seatbelt cover. have not seen one yet. Not sure i will find it anytime soon though as we are still unpacking boxes. I will let you know if i find one.
Tom_T
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Oct 29 2009, 09:08 AM) *

The injector has sold from my site. there was only one and i am not sure when more will be available from Bosch. I think they may be NLA as of now.

Tom, I will look for the seatbelt cover. have not seen one yet. Not sure i will find it anytime soon though as we are still unpacking boxes. I will let you know if i find one.

Thanx for looking & for the FI update Jonathan. smile.gif

PM or email me if/when you find one - or even 2 good ones, for the pmt. & shipping & arrangements.
detoxcowboy
I have seen 2 NOS of these older belts you show not sell for months now priced at 90-100, I would give them away or .99cents ebay lot or ?? Belt buckles? drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.