Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: almost ready to install engine (now with pics)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
where does the brown wire comming out of the loom right near the aar go? it has a single female spade connector on the end. the lable fell off this wire or i forgot to lable it. i dont see anywhere to connect it blink.gif

i am so close piratenanner.gif
VaccaRabite
attach everything else and see whats left. But Brown is usually a ground wire.

Usually.

I bet that it grounds to the case. Find a 1.8 wire diagram in your haynes manual and trace it out.
Zach
IIRC

The LJet has a ground wire connection on case under plenum on passenger side. Seems like there are two ground wires that go here. I also had a single ground wire that went to the case up by the coil. This ground wire is still being used eventho I am now running 40idf's.

Good Luck....another commonly overlooked wire is the resistor pack for the injectors on the 1.8

KP
r_towle
Post a pic...I will go look.

Rich
Dave_Darling
Is it actually brown, or is it white or yellow that is faded and dirty?

--DD
Dr Evil
Pic
jsayre914
pics biggrin.gif

the wire is from the loom going to the black tester block thingy. not sure where this wire should go, not sure what the hell that black square thing is.

i am learning as i go. screwy.gif

it is starting to look like an engine now
type47
Looks like that block is part of the connection to the dual relay.... You should check out the electrical schematic
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Oct 29 2009, 11:43 PM) *

pics biggrin.gif

the wire is from the loom going to the black tester block thingy. not sure where this wire should go, not sure what the hell that black square thing is.

i am learning as i go. screwy.gif

it is starting to look like an engine now

Brown wire in first pic is grounded by coil on my car.
Second pic looks like half of the Duel Relay which is rear firewall in my car.

Good Luck
charliew
On my 75-1.8 it is plugged on a tab that looks like part of the cooling shroud. It is visible looking in over the battery side back toward the tranny flange just barely out from under the intake plenum where the tubes hook on. There seems to also be a white wire also plugged on to a tab next to the brown wire.
jsayre914
so i will attach it to ground. and we shall see.

on another note...

can you hook the dual relay wrong, it seems the wire pinout on the left and the right are slightly different, and either way i plug them (only 2 ways) a wire in the pinout does not have a mate on the other slot. idea.gif

anyone got a pic. or can you tell if this is backwards?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.