Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Cooling Flaps, Thermostat, associated hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
flipb
This is for a 1974 2.0, although I think these parts are all universal. Some DAPO removed the whole setup from mine.

Prefer to buy a complete set, but please PM me or respond here if you are looking to sell a substantial portion of the setup (e.g. everything but the thermostat, or whatever).
tat2dphreak
I don't have a good t-stat, but I have the cooling flaps, I'll sell you for $10+S&H

I removed them in my new engine, my Mechanic fabs a custom piece on the 3-4 side.
flipb
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 29 2009, 12:50 PM) *

I don't have a good t-stat, but I have the cooling flaps, I'll sell you for $10+S&H

I removed them in my new engine, my Mechanic fabs a custom piece on the 3-4 side.

Thanks Wayne. Another member PMed me with what may be a complete set - if that doesn't work out, I'll let you know.

Guess the flap on the 1-2 side isn't that helpful for warming up a cold engine in TX. smile.gif
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 29 2009, 11:50 AM) *

I believe I have a T-Stat that works.

Sorry to hijack from here on??

Wayne...Does Wes make that 3/4 Flap for the general public or is it made part of the cylinder tin? I would like a little more info on that or some pics? Guess I should have just PMed ya but thought this was easier if you happen to look back here....

Good Luck Flip and Thanks in advance Wayne

Ken

tat2dphreak
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Oct 29 2009, 01:58 PM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 29 2009, 11:50 AM) *

I believe I have a T-Stat that works.

Sorry to hijack from here on??

Wayne...Does Wes make that 3/4 Flap for the general public or is it made part of the cylinder tin? I would like a little more info on that or some pics? Guess I should have just PMed ya but thought this was easier if you happen to look back here....

Good Luck Flip and Thanks in advance Wayne

Ken

I'd have to pull the engine to get a pic... so don't bank on that biggrin.gif shades.gif

he does it on his engines, not general public. but basically it's a piece of sheet metal that follows the curvature of the piece behind the oil cooler, and extends over it, bisecting the air flow out of the front shroud. I'm not sure on the length, but it didn't cover the whole area over the oil cooler... didn't seem very long, it just has to hav that "wave" curve to properly split the airflow. I'll try to find a pic of that piece of tin, and photoshop/paint what the piece looks like...
type47
Make sure you get the little bushings that the rod fits into the groove in the cooling shroud. They are a little plastic clip like looking thing that are NLA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.