Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
tat2dphreak
mary stated

The wheels planned are 914 Fuchs repr, B730-5530

is she getting a great deal on these? if not, can we maybe find her some real fuchs? I see 4-lug fuchs for $500 a set fairly regularly. and new repros are more, usually.

aren't real ones usually lighter, also?
ejm
her post mentions the Auto Atlanta repo's that sell for $750. They are no doubt cast and the catalog says they are counter bored to use stock bolts and come with (fugly imo) center caps. Add bolts and center caps to used Fuchs and the $ are close. For her intended use these wheels should be fine and will look pretty right out of the box. All of us would rather have real Fuchs but I'm not sure she would see the value even if it's a few bucks less.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ejm @ Oct 29 2009, 04:24 PM) *

her post mentions the Auto Atlanta repo's that sell for $750. They are no doubt cast and the catalog says they are counter bored to use stock bolts and come with (fugly imo) center caps. Add bolts and center caps to used Fuchs and the $ are close. For her intended use these wheels should be fine and will look pretty right out of the box. All of us would rather have real Fuchs but I'm not sure she would see the value even if it's a few bucks less.

I agree with Ed - shiny and new are good. if she were to AX the car - we might push her in another direction (but I won't start the debate here - wheels break - don't hold a bead etc...)

Her husband's single contribution to the project - other than the checkbook - is he got to pick the wheels for the car. Nothing looks better than a NEW pair of shoes!
tat2dphreak
ok, cool I just didn't know if there was a reason biggrin.gif

I think the fake fuchs look fine, but I was afraid she chose them for the sole reason she didn't think the originals would be available at a reasonable price.

750 isn't bad for a NEW set of rims, imo. and I agree will be fine on a street car.

the black paddles will look great with the yellow car, actually smile.gif
EdwardBlume
I have a set of 4 real 2.0 Fuchs with caps, lugs and Kuhmo tires. I lined them up to be sold and deliver them to guy on the Central Coast for $500, but I haven't been able to make it down there yet (to pick up my roller from Steve Willie). It was a couple of months ago...

Edit: I just PMed him to see where he's at with the deal..
tat2dphreak
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=100287

just thinking aloud.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 3 2009, 08:58 AM) *

Nice looking wheels/tires - wish it was a local sale.
tat2dphreak
we know anyone in CA, that might can pick them up and ship them cheaply?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 3 2009, 02:21 PM) *

Rob,

Let us know if your deal fell through and we can at least let Mary have a choice of real Fuchs or new Fuchs.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 4 2009, 10:49 AM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 3 2009, 02:21 PM) *

Rob,

Let us know if your deal fell through and we can at least let Mary have a choice of real Fuchs or new Fuchs.

Sorry, the deal is still in place.

I might be able to work a deal on shipping though. HotShoe914 works for CFL.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 3 2009, 11:03 AM) *

See below (dup post)
EdwardBlume

Donald can ship for $50 or maybe FREE. Interested? Does Mary want these?

Steve still has the wheels... offer $500?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 10 2009, 06:29 PM) *

Donald can ship for $50 or maybe FREE. Interested? Does Mary want these?

Steve still has the wheels... offer $500?

If we tell Steve where they are going he is very likely to do 500.00 He is a stand up guy.
EdwardBlume
Mike, can you flash Mary a peek at the wheels? and gauge interest
Kansas 914
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 10 2009, 11:15 PM) *

Mike, can you flash Mary a peek at the wheels? and gauge interest

I will let Mary know - so what price should I shoot her - worst case $600 + shipping of $50?
Kansas 914
UPDATE: I just hung with Mary and she would be thrilled to have those wheels. I told her they were a 9.9 out of 10 - had Dunlop tires already mounted and will send her pictures.

So I think it is a deal. I will let you know for sure.
EdwardBlume
Yes, worst case is $650 including wheels, caps, and tires... delivered and tax free.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 11 2009, 07:12 PM) *

Yes, worst case is $650 including wheels, caps, and tires... delivered and tax free.

Rob,

What is the next step? I will front the money to make the deal easy and quick.
rick 918-S
If Mary wants these and your fronting the cash Mike Lets make this work. I just sent Steve a PM and asked him to call me. If he's open to a deal I'll hand this off and let you you and Rob make the arrangements.

With this in mind maybe we want to start the fund raising a week or two early. Lets talk about it on thursday.
tat2dphreak
agreed. I think this is a great deal for them. I think starting early might be a good idea. lets talk more tomorrow.
EdwardBlume
I left Steve a message earlier to call me... haven't gotten word back. I haven't told him about Mary or anything just yet as we've been trading PMs.

Rick, if you know Steve, do you want to work the deal? IMHO, he should jump on $500 for knock offs.

Donald says he can ship for $50 for sure but will try and get it fully comp'ed from his boss when we know its a deal... his firm is Cherokee Freight Lines, and Steve just needs to be OK with putting the wheels on a pallet, securing them with tie downs and wrapping them as best as he can with plastic and tape.

As far as fronting the cash, thanks Wayne.. perhaps you and Mike can firm up the need for that, and we can hand Steve off to you in a day or two.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 11 2009, 07:22 PM) *

If Mary wants these and your fronting the cash Mike Lets make this work. I just sent Steve a PM and asked him to call me. If he's open to a deal I'll hand this off and let you you and Rob make the arrangements.

With this in mind maybe we want to start the fund raising a week or two early. Lets talk about it on thursday.

I'm down with that. Do we have a budget / goal amount firm?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 11 2009, 11:47 PM) *

I'm down with that. Do we have a budget / goal amount firm?

I would value Dr. Evil's input as to what is required to finish the car - I don't want to bias his thoughts with mine and a fresh view of the project is important. I can re-visit the budget at that point - but it isn't a million dollars - it is mostly time and knowledge.

Great topic for the call tonight.
rick 918-S
I met Steve at the WCC 05. Steve is one of the good guys. He hasn't called me yet but I will work the best deal I can. If it's ok with everyone I plan on telling him where the wheels are going but not about our group. I would prefer we keep it tight for now. I am only going to tell him there are a few of us that have been pm'ing in the back ground that want to send these to Mary. I'm sure he will get on board with the price.
EdwardBlume
Thanks Rick. Here's Steve's contact info in case you need it:

cell 619-846-9147.
steve@914.com

I'll let Donald know there's a deal in the works.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 12 2009, 09:55 AM) *

I met Steve at the WCC 05. Steve is one of the good guys. He hasn't called me yet but I will work the best deal I can. If it's ok with everyone I plan on telling him where the wheels are going but not about our group. I would prefer we keep it tight for now. I am only going to tell him there are a few of us that have been pm'ing in the back ground that want to send these to Mary. I'm sure he will get on board with the price.

Once you make the deal - let me know and I will contact him for payment - will he prepare the wheels for shipping or is that something Donald will do?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 12 2009, 09:03 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 12 2009, 09:55 AM) *

Once you make the deal - let me know and I will contact him for payment - will he prepare the wheels for shipping or is that something Donald will do?

Donald is in TN. Steve will need to source a pallet, straps, plastic and tape and deliver it all to a Central Freight terminal.

Here is the terminal in San Diego:

Terminal: San Diego
Address: 3495 Kurtz Street
San Diego CA 92110
Phone: 619-523-9968 Division: Western
Toll Free: 800-350-9994
Fax: 619-523-2478

Steve just called me... he does know Rick so I passed him on to Rick to talk further about Mary and the deal. I kept to Rick's earlier post on "a few guys helping out".

Thanks, R

rick 918-S
Thanks Rob, I just left him a voice mail.
rick 918-S
OK, We have a deal for the $ 500.00 I am handing this off to Mike to contact Steve and make money arrangements and shipping address and shipping arrangements.

I fore warned Steve he will need to mount these on a pallet,wrap them in plastic and get them to the shipping terminal. He didn't seem real confident about being able to locate a pallet. If this becomes an issue maybe they have a pallet at the shipping location and can help Steve get these to us.

I told him there are a few of us working in the back ground to complete Marys brothers car.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 13 2009, 04:15 PM) *

OK, We have a deal for the $ 500.00 I am handing this off to Mike to contact Steve and make money arrangements and shipping address and shipping arrangements.

I fore warned Steve he will need to mount these on a pallet,wrap them in plastic and get them to the shipping terminal. He didn't seem real confident about being able to locate a pallet. If this becomes an issue maybe they have a pallet at the shipping location and can help Steve get these to us.

I told him there are a few of us working in the back ground to complete Marys brothers car.

Rob,

Well done _ I will get in touch with Steve right away and at least pay for the wheels so he knows it is a real deal and then discuss the shipping - maybe Donald can help coordinate even from TN.

smilie_pokal.gif
tat2dphreak
local lumber stores usually have pallets, many they will give away or sell for $2-3

I used to work at a lumber yard smile.gif

EdwardBlume
I spoke with Donald last night and shipping is a done deal.

The name of the shipper is Central Freight Lines.

I checked their website and it appears the closest terminal is Kansas City. Is there anyone in or near Kansas City that can pick them up?

Donald thinks that the terminal in San Diego can supply a pallet and other supplies but I would recommend Steve try and show up with something to tie the wheels down and protect them somehow... ie plastic.

rick 918-S
That's a long way yet. 400 miles. I wonder if we had to kick in a couple extra bucks if we could get a local shipper to get them to Garden city and Mary could pick them up a the local terminal there. If the first leg is only $ 50.00 or free, we wouldn't be upside down.

Rob, could you have Donald check into this for us?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 14 2009, 09:56 AM) *

That's a long way yet. 400 miles. I wonder if we had to kick in a couple extra bucks if we could get a local shipper to get them to Garden city and Mary could pick them up a the local terminal there. If the first leg is only $ 50.00 or free, we wouldn't be upside down.

Rob, could you have Donald check into this for us?

Yep. Will do.
Kansas 914
UPDATE;

Steve Iverson contacted me and he has been paid. He was still struggling through the shipping process - but I told him that Donal would contact him and make it easy. Donald said he might just have to drop off the wheels at the terminal and they could take it from there.

I think the SHIP TO point is still an issue. I know VITRAN ships between KC/MO and Wichita.
rick 918-S
Good job Mike! Steve will get it done. He's a good guy. I wonder if Forward Air has a terminal close to the Central Freightlines. I have no experience with them but I have heard others post that their very well priced on large items.

I wonder if Marys Hubby can send the plane for them? idea.gif Now that would be expensive! screwy.gif biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 17 2009, 12:42 PM) *

Good job Mike! Steve will get it done. He's a good guy. I wonder if Forward Air has a terminal close to the Central Freightlines. I have no experience with them but I have heard others post that their very well priced on large items.

I wonder if Marys Hubby can send the plane for them? idea.gif Now that would be expensive! screwy.gif biggrin.gif

I don't think Forward Air has a terminal in Wichita - I have tried to get a pinball machine shipped here before. Donald is checking with his people - he is just giving them Mary's address and see what they say - it might get shipped all the way to Garden City - we will wait and see!

Mary also has a friend that is a long haul trucker that always dead heads the return (flat bed used to haul fiberglass underground fuel tanks for gas stations). He might can swing by on his way home if he is in the area - we will make it work somehow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.