Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster for 914/944 money?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
It appears Boxsters have crossed the threshold where they will be forced to become disposable.

Its a little rough, but if you have the courage, this Boxster may be for you. However its probably a good example of, "The most expensive Porsche is a cheap Porsche"

This isn't even the first time this guy has run this ad, so I guess its not a steal or anything.

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
its a 10 year old boxter. They are going to start declining in value until they reach "classic" status and the price goes back up again.

Zach
tat2dphreak
I've seen them in the 10-12 range, 6 seems like a good deal... I'd be thinking new DD smile.gif
Ferg
Wonder how he got 168k out of that motor, I keep hearing they are 90-100k then throw away motors...

They are tempting for sure, but I am still scared of them unsure.gif
tat2dphreak
maybe it wasn't driven like a Porsche for 168k miles? biggrin.gif it might have had a little work, too. 6k car, and a 7-8k rebuild, you'd have a fresh car for under 15.... if it even needs a rebuild.. stirthepot.gif
rick 918-S
I saw that ad a week ago or so. If it wasn't a chictronic I would have bought it. I don't even car about the milage. ph34r.gif assimilate.gif
jasons
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 29 2009, 03:00 PM) *

I saw that ad a week ago or so. If it wasn't a chictronic I would have bought it. I don't even car about the milage. ph34r.gif assimilate.gif

Stop looking in my Craigslist! Its enough I have to compete with the locals, now I have to compete with guys in the rustbelt? biggrin.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 29 2009, 02:40 PM) *
Wonder how he got 168k out of that motor, I keep hearing they are 90-100k then throw away motors...

They are tempting for sure, but I am still scared of them unsure.gif

I thought you liked chick cars? laugh.gif poke.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(jasons @ Oct 29 2009, 06:09 PM) *

Stop looking in my Craigslist! Its enough I have to compete with the locals, now I have to compete with guys in the rustbelt? biggrin.gif

All your base belong to us.

http://www.zimkiv.com
dw914er
triptronic kills it sad.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jasons @ Oct 29 2009, 02:09 PM) *

happy11.gif
sww914
In last month's Excellence Market Report on mid-engined Porsches the first 2 years of Boxsters and 914-4's bring pretty much the same money.
zymurgist
QUOTE(dw914er @ Oct 29 2009, 10:40 PM) *

triptronic kills it sad.gif

agree.gif
Mikey914
For value the 914 will surpass the Boxters. The Boxter motors had problems with the intermediate shafts. A mechanic friend of mine put it to me this way: There's a car with a known problem, If you have an extra $7 sitting around, buy one and plan to rebuild it, it's just a matter of when.
lotus_65
QUOTE(jasons @ Oct 29 2009, 05:09 PM) *

Dude,

You have NO idea how far across this continent my claws dig... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.