Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slight color change
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
beto
On my stock original 55k silver 73 2.0 I need some minor fender rust repair. The paint shop says it may be difficult to match and blend. They are not necessarily promoting a total respray (it was done 5 years ago), but I was considering a small color change if I go that route. All of the lower black trim needs to be resprayed too. Has anyone done anything similar? Regrets? Satisfied?
dakotaewing
On that specific car, due to it being the most desirable year and motor of the 4cyl. cars, you would only depreciate the value on the car with a color change -
if that is a concern to you - FYI - Silver cars appear to be one of the more desirable original color cars, if they are well cared for...
Again, it's your car - Do what you want with your car -

Just my .02...

Thom
beto
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Oct 30 2009, 10:49 AM) *

On that specific car, due to it being the most desirable year and motor of the 4cyl. cars, you would only depreciate the value on the car with a color change -
if that is a concern to you - FYI - Silver cars appear to be one of the more desirable original color cars, if they are well cared for...

Just my .02...

Thom

Thanks Thom for your input. I have never been a fan of silver, but perhaps it will grow on me. I plan on putting on negative Porsche stripes in any case, even though they were not an option in 73. Beto
tat2dphreak

agree.gif

but I agree with thom. silver is a very desirable color, and 73 2.0 is very desirable. it will hurt your resale value... some.

but a quality paint job is more important than the shade, imo. if the paint was original, and not a respray already, I would highly suggest trying to match... good paint shops can match paint very closely. but since this car is already a respray... and if a color change is what you want...

if it were me tho, I'd get a second opinion and match the paint. I can't see repainting the whole car just because some guy is too lazy to get the mix right to match

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.