Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spot the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flipb
Drove to work today... took this looking down from a 7th floor window. Unfortunately, my office is on the other side of the building so I can't stare at it all day.

IPB Image

OK, it's easy. But only because of the color!
Sleepin
Is it the little one? Be careful that a pigeon don't crap on it....it might crush the little bugger! lol-2.gif
flipb
This is one perspective on how a 914 measures up to oversized modern cars.

The other perspective is seeing a Tahoe's bumper at eye-height in the side mirrors. I hate that one.

Since I'm responding to my own thread already... fun anecdote from the drive in this morning.

I'm on I-395, which creeps along at morning rush-hour. I probably make it past second gear once every 3 miles or so. In one of those stretches, tooling along at around 30mph, I noticed a pristine-looking black 912 two lanes over from me. Honked to get his attention - shared smiles and waves. A very cool moment in an otherwise painful commute.
dw914er
you drove the coolest car there

see a bunch of accords, minivan, focus, then whoa.... a porsche lol
tat2dphreak
This is one perspective on how a 914 measures up to oversized modern cars.

so true. while the 914 was in the shop, I parked my CIVIC in the garage... the 99 civic is not a land yacht but I can walk completely around the 914 in my side of the garage, but with tool boxes and shit, the Civic would barely fit. I didn't move more stuff to get the 914 in, there was just that extra space...

I love our little cars biggrin.gif
Rod
I hate parking my 914 in a car park in shopping centre or in open fields at car a shows etc, it takes FOR EVER to find it, it's sooo low and tiny laugh.gif
inschool
QUOTE(dw914er @ Oct 30 2009, 05:07 PM) *

Don't knock the focus.
dw914er
QUOTE(inschool @ Oct 30 2009, 03:47 PM) *

QUOTE(dw914er @ Oct 30 2009, 05:07 PM) *

Don't knock the focus.

i wasnt.. but i counted 3 at first glance
jsayre914
Now try biggrin.gif
flipb
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Oct 30 2009, 08:37 PM) *

Now try biggrin.gif

You think this is confusing on screen? Imagine how surprised I was when I went out to find my car at the end of the day and it was on the other side of the lot!

1970 Neun vierzehn
You are a brave man to risk your doors in that parking environment. hands.gif .....

AND, in a sea off drab shades of black, grey and white, the eye naturally is drawn to that wonderful, fast color of Yellow.
underthetire
I love driving mine to work. There is at least 3 other ones there. One is fo sure a six. I met the other 2, the dam 6 seems elusive to my quest. Nice shot BTW.
ericread
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Oct 30 2009, 06:21 PM) *

You are a brave man to risk your doors in that parking environment. hands.gif .....

AND, in a sea off drab shades of black, grey and white, the eye naturally is drawn to that wonderful, fast color of Yellow.

I thought Yellow was one of the slow colors? shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.