Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warning on Porsche Palace
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daryl cee
I won an Ebay Auction that was offered by Porsche Palace (aka: Lotus Emporium) on September 11, 2009.

The auction was for Fiberglass Lotus Esprit Body Parts that this company is fabricating and selling.

I immediately paid for the items, and over a 3 weeks period, received several emails from Porsche Palace stating that the items had been shipped.

The items were not received, I have not received my money back and EBay had launched an investigation into this company.

As a results of the Investigation, Porsche Palace sent me an Email that said if I was not satisfied with the parts, that upon receipt, I could return them for a Full Refund, including Shipping.

I finally received the parts, unpacked them and realized that these people have No Clue about Making Fiber Glass Parts.

The Gel Coat was over 1/4" thick and the Glass Mat was formed so Shoddy, that there were chunks the size of a Quarter that were breaking off the parts.

This Was Not Shipping Damage, because the items were rolled in Bubble Packing and a chunk of the missing Gel Coat was not in the bag...therefore the parts were actually sent out that way and someone forgot to put the missing chunk into the bag!

Today is October 30, 2009 and these Rip Off Artists have yet to send my refund although we have confirmed that they received the returned parts over 2 weeks ago.
tat2dphreak
popcorn[1].gif
underthetire
Lotus WTF.gif

Thats british barf.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(underthetire @ Oct 30 2009, 12:27 PM) *

Lotus WTF.gif

Thats british barf.gif

Yeah, but the company is "Porsche" Palace, so it's especially relevant if you're interested in their (their?) 914 widebody kit:

IPB Image

But it gets better, they have other cool aftermarket stuff, too. Now what I like are the Fast and Furious exhaust flame kits:

IPB Image

Weld some spark plug bungs into your exhaust, cut the ignition to the plugs, and blow fire out your car's ass like a turbo race car! WAY COOL man!

Only thing that doesn't make sense is how anyone who sees that exhaust flame kit could think it was a serious company in the first place.

SirAndy
One of their Ads shows a Sheridan Wide Body Kit and they claim it as their own!

WTF.gif
tod914
Now if it was a Nicole Sheridan wide body.. it might be worth putting the gel coat on.
jsayre914
did i miss the link

WTF.gif

i wanna see, i wanna see sad.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Oct 30 2009, 02:52 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Oct 30 2009, 12:27 PM) *

Lotus WTF.gif

Thats british barf.gif

Yeah, but the company is "Porsche" Palace, so it's especially relevant if you're interested in their (their?) 914 widebody kit:

IPB Image

But it gets better, they have other cool aftermarket stuff, too. Now what I like are the Fast and Furious exhaust flame kits:

IPB Image

Weld some spark plug bungs into your exhaust, cut the ignition to the plugs, and blow fire out your car's ass like a turbo race car! WAY COOL man!

Only thing that doesn't make sense is how anyone who sees that exhaust flame kit could think it was a serious company in the first place.

Wow, just like my exhaust after eating a burrito last week. I told them hot, not face of the sun melt your cotton underwear hot.
ericread
QUOTE(tod914 @ Oct 30 2009, 04:56 PM) *

Now if it was a Nicole Sheridan wide body.. it might be worth putting the gel coat on.

lol-2.gif

sean_v8_914
are these the guys in FL that stole Billy Boyle's GT-1? he made that with very basic hand tools out of a trailer home in Santee. that guy has tons of talent and few resources. he is eccentric yet gifted
oldschool
QUOTE(underthetire @ Oct 30 2009, 06:19 PM) *
Wow, just like my exhaust after eating a burrito last week. I told them hot, not face of the sun melt your cotton underwear hot.

have you tried KING TACO dude there stuff is hot but very good stirthepot.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.