Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cable ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Replacing cables for Speedo, Clutch and Throttle before sticking the new motor in and I need some guidance. Search was great and both Speedo and Clutch cables are done.

My problem is the throttle cable. It wants to get about 3/4 of the way out to the rear and gets stuck tight.

First question would be does the throttle cable run inside clutch tube? I never actually saw the cable or string attached to end of the cable in the tunnel soo I would assume it does.

If that is true I can cut old cable to get by being stuck at TEE in tube. The new cable should slide easily back towards the front.

Thx in advance
KP
Cap'n Krusty
"String"? What "string"? It won't go through with any string attached, and you don't need a string anyway. It runs through its own tube, as you can see from where it comes out in the back, and it's a close fit. I often have to gently remove some material from the swaged on end. Be sure you clean out the tube before you try to install the cable. Debris from the teflon/plastic sheath frequently makes it tough to get the old cable out and the new one in. Once the new one is in place, you'll need to make sure it's not wrapped around the clutch cable between the end of the tube and the throttle bell crank.

One more question .......... You DID remove the ball socket and 8mm (wrench size) locking nut from the forward end of the cable, right? Oh, and what "tee"?

The Cap'n

Thanks, Cap'n pray.gif

It has it own tube...NM on the String and the Tee. Just my imagination running wild.
Should be able to button this part of the job up now.

Ken beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.