Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UNITED AUTO CARRIERS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steveherman
Maybe the wrong FORUM.
I hate this shipping company.
I bought a 914 from Cali with the help of SoCalAndy's PPI.
thanks Andy!!!
i got a call last night saying that they would be here "IN THE MORNING" with the new love of my life.
well i have been excited all day...
a few hours ago they called and said it would be either later today or tomorrow am.
i told them DO NOT show up at my house at 11pm like they did when they picked it up.
And leNoah (PO) was not happy. And I dont blame him.
SO SORRY leNoah!!!

They did same thing to leNoah except he sat there all day took off work...
not once but twice they did that too him.

so maybe it will be here tomorrow ... maybe not

UGH!
914Sixer
It seems to be a common trait among all the carriers I have dealt with. I had a car sent from NC to Texas. They were 2 days late picking it up. They called 2 days later and said they would be here by 7pm. At 10:45 that evening the driver called and said he could not come down my street. I had to get out my trailer and go a mile down to the interstate and load the car in the dark at midnight. My neighbors loved me.
jonferns
Similar story when I had mine shipped from CA to NJ. They picked up promptly when scheduled, but 3 days later said they'd deliver (first in the a.m, then afternoon, then evening) but didnt come that first day, truck driver arrived the following day in the morning. When it comes you will find that it was totally worth the wait, looking forward to some pics. Good luck bye1.gif
number6
I guess I'm lucky. I've only dealt with DAS and FedEx (yes, FedEx has an auto transport division - that was news to me when a buyer made the arrangement). Can't really comment on DAS' pick-up as I always deliver cars to the local depot; they've always delivered within the time window specified. My one gripe with them is that when I last shipped a nice car (new NSX with 840 miles), they left it outside, in a busy loading area where it could've been easily bumped/damaged - the buyer was not happy!

FedEx was exceptional all the way! The actual transport arrived, on time, loaded the car professionally and with care, and delivered it early (all in one shot, no loading and unloading at various stops)! ~$1950 enclosed shipping coast to coast (vs ~$1100-1200 DAS open air, where cars may get loaded and reloaded several times).

Anyhow, I don't mean to get away from discussing United Auto Carriers. Hope you get your car soon!
Dr Evil
I use DAS usually. The less you pay the crappier they are when it comes to carriers.
steveherman
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 31 2009, 02:44 AM) *

I use DAS usually. The less you pay the crappier they are when it comes to carriers.

just went to das website.
$30 more than what i paid.
wish i would have asked about that on here.
cal44
Intercity Lines. Door to door.
JazonJJordan
idea.gif popcorn[1].gif idea.gif Thanks guyz - good intel to know~
Dr Evil
I forgot to mention, with DAS I do depot to depot. It is worth it for me to tow it the rest of the way to my house, or drive it rather than waiting for a driver at all hours.
jmill
I shipped a car from AZ to WI. From my research none of the companies use their own drivers. They have a website that drivers visit. The drivers then pick the cars they want to pickup and deliver. The company gets a cut of the delivery cost and the driver gets the rest. You get the luck of the draw whether or not you get a good driver. I got lucky and got a good one.
sean_v8_914
two guys in a truck driving at odd hours for days talking bravado about the world with no real social interaction...bottom line, dont be their bitch. say no. they work for you so you tell them when. tell them to call when they arrive in town. after shipping 5-6 cars in the last 2 years, I know how this works.
steveherman
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 31 2009, 01:29 PM) *

two guys in a truck driving at odd hours for days talking bravado about the world with no real social interaction...bottom line, dont be their bitch. say no. they work for you so you tell them when. tell them to call when they arrive in town. after shipping 5-6 cars in the last 2 years, I know how this works.

car made it today.
sean_v8_914
great news...pics plesase. I love seeing pics of new 914s
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(cal44 @ Oct 31 2009, 06:18 AM) *

Intercity Lines. Door to door.

Used Intercity as well. thumb3d.gif

They delivered on their word, and handled my 914 with care.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.