Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru wrx ej20 now.....debating N/A Subaru Tribeca 3.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
budman5201
I am seriously debating trying out the new 3.6 or 3.0 subaru tribeca 6 cylinder engine in my project......maybe possibly giving it about 3-5 lbs boost in the future.

Anyone want my setup 252 hp turbo ej20 setup? ? Make me an offer....it has been tried and tested. I have about 8k miles on it for a total of 56k on the engine. Not a drop of oil, runs perfect.

Oh sorry but i am using the renegade engine cradle, adaptor plate, clutch, etc with the new engine since it will bolt right on....

ej20 Engine, turbo, pipes, exhaust, intercooler, heat exchanger up front and the lines marine grade unkinkable lines up to it... and Link STORM computer fully tuned....

Just putting it out there... I could yank it all out in a weekend.

youtube dynoday....this cost me $350 alone (4 hours)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HCGkJcaA_c
Numbchux
Would be a sweet project! One thing to keep in mind, if you want to boost it, really at all, you're going to be looking at custom rods, possibly custom pistons, sleeve bracing, etc. for it to be strong enough to hold up.

Also, the assymetrical rods in the 3.6 (what makes the extra displacement possible) are not a strong design. I would not recommend that platform if you're looking for anything more than stock power.
dw914er
wish i had more funds

a ej20 turbo swap would be sweet

gl on the subie 6 venture
pktzygt
Sending a PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.