Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Duct Hole plugs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cire
Howdy all,

I pulled out the air duct work along with the controllers and the big center vent thing. Anyway, where all that stuff came out there are holes that go to the cab of the car. Is there a kit with weld in plugs already formed for all the holes? Is there a plastic or rubber boot that goes in those? I am sure I can create something that works but wanted to see if there is anything out there before I start. = )

Also, the air duct tubes in the engine area and in the kick board area... Are there caps for those?

I love pictures too. = )

Eric
pcar9146guy
I use the plastic caps from CRC brakeclean or any other paint can caps, ect. fit the heater hose connectors perfect. I also use a hose clamp to keep them in place.......Years ago when I had a four cyl. with heat, I'd use cut off bottoms of beer cans and hose clamps under the car to prevent heat inside in the summer. At least a good excuse to drink four beers........ beer3.gif

edit: I still have the air/heat box in the front trunk of my car. I would say that a piece of aluminium/light steel plate could be screwed over the holes for vent inside the cab. Don't know if I'd weld something in...The paint/brakeclean top would fit the heat tubes inside the car.....
VaccaRabite
Paint lids. clever. I am going to have to do that. I have a lot of holes going into my cab from systems no longer in service and figured that I would have to make caps for all of them.

zach
gklinger
For the holes in the front bulkhead I just used some sheet aluminum and made my own covers and RTV'd them in. I'd have used this kit though if it had been available then.
EdwardBlume
I use industrial duct taping with super adhesive tape. Its thick, nothing gets through. A sealed plate looks nicer though.
ottox914
Gp to the plumbing department of your local big box home improvement store. For a couple bucks each you can get a rubber cap and band clamp that will fit almost perfectly. If you need to run anything, like wires or oil lines to the front of the car in the future, you can easily make a hole in it to allow the wire/hose, and still keep the heater tube area water tight.
ottox914
Caps installed.
Cire
I found a set pre made and ready to install. Slick!!!

http://engmanparts.com/blockoffkit.php

Click to view attachment

Eric
Grelber
+1 on the paint can lids. There are different size lids, and I found that the $1.99 generic paint cans at Home Depot fit perfectly. I get the caps, and still can use the paint.
Cire
QUOTE(gklinger @ Oct 31 2009, 10:29 AM) *

For the holes in the front bulkhead I just used some sheet aluminum and made my own covers and RTV'd them in. I'd have used this kit though if it had been available then.

Have you seen any kits to block the two vent holes on top of the dash? The ones that are about 10 inches long infront of the driver and passenger?

Thanks again for your help. = )

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.