Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2010 Halloween Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
biosurfer1
Hey fellow WCR coordinators...

Those of us who could make it met today at the donut shop to discuss what happens going forward. It seems that people have had time calm down and hopefully we can move forward and have a great event.

Here are some of the items we discussed this morning, feel free to add any input as nothing is set in stone yet, though we would like to keep things moving forward.

The date that seems to be most acceptable is May 13-16th. I will go through threads and see if this conflicts with any other big event but I believe it should workout.

The plan that was thrown around today was to plan on people arriving Thursday evening and have a meet and greet/BS session that night. Friday is set aside for the drive. The route has not been set, however a couple hour drive to a lunch spot and then return is what we are planning on. Friday night is open. Saturday will be the autocross and maybe show and shine for those not on the track. Saturday night we are looking at an organized dinner. This can either be catered or buffet or at a restaurant, still up in the air.
Since we are trying to combine the autocross with the PCA, they will most likely want a 2 day event, so Sunday will be reserved for those who want to run again, and a departing day for the rest.

That is the tentative plan right now...please add your comments/concerns and we can discuss them

I still think the best course of action is plan by committee. As Rob suggested, we need to get the skeleton of the event planned and then can add on the rest from there, with different people heading up the different parts.

ConeDodger
Skeleton

A: Thursday night arrival parking lot reception
1: Someone to coordinate
a: Keg

B: Friday morning
1: Drive
a: Someone to coordinate

2: Alternative activities, chartered fishing, gambling, lake tours, shopping.
3: Friday evening get together
a: Restaurant?
b: Bar?

C: Saturday Morning
1: Autocross
a: Coordinate with PCA

2: Peoples Choice Car Show in the evening
3: Dinner

D: Sunday Morning
1: Autocross
a: Coordinate with PCA

2: Departure
biosurfer1
Any thoughts???Suggestions?
ConeDodger
Just a note to update you guys. I attended the PCA Board meeting this last Wednesday night. I had intended to drag Jim Dupree along with me to approach Bob Peake about the PCA-SVR having an autocross at the venue on the weekend of the event. It was a good thing that I didn't bother Jim though as Bob Peake was in Las Vegas at the SEMA show. We will make another attempt at talking with him soon.
McMark
C-3: Dinner should include awards and thanks to supporting vendors.

Friday evening BBQ would be nice, but would require some planning. Could probably get away fine with a 'home grill' or two and just make people wait to eat.
biosurfer1
We have a couple guys offering their cooking skills/equipment and I would think a BBQ dinner could get covered...once we lock down the schedule, we can look more into that.
ConeDodger
I spoke with Mark today and I am willing to stay involved to grease the wheels toward an autocross at the venue, maybe two.

Going forward, I will be taking over as a board member of PCA - SVR starting this coming Saturday and through 2010. My time will be limited and I will give what I can to help.
McMark
No problem, Rob. We've got a great team here, and I'm comfortable with how the planning is going. I appreciate your continuing efforts on the AX front. smiley_notworthy.gif

I will help make sure that all our needs are met for making this event happen and I know I'll be leaning on Randy a lot. He helped immensely the last time around, and he has been planning 914 events since well before there was a 914Club.

I will block off some time this weekend to really brainstorm what areas really need our attention and see how we can best tackle them.
ConeDodger
I spoke with Bob Peake this am and he is going to try and make the donut shop meet this coming Sunday. He will want WCR to pay any lot fee and WCR participants will pay $35 entry per day (still up in the air if you want a two day event).

Planners should be there Sunday to meet with Bob and do some face time...
RoadGlue
Thanks Rob, good info.

There's no way I can be in Sac on Sunday with such short notice. My weekends get filled up usually about a month in advance this time of year. I'd love to be able to meet everyone and I'm hoping to meet others at the Clinic in Sonoma next month.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Nov 17 2009, 10:15 AM) *

Thanks Rob, good info.

There's no way I can be in Sac on Sunday with such short notice. My weekends get filled up usually about a month in advance this time of year. I'd love to be able to meet everyone and I'm hoping to meet others at the Clinic in Sonoma next month.

That shouldn't be a problem Randy. I think the locals have someone in mind to be 'in charge' of collaborating with Bob Peake. I am wanting to do a kind of hand-off so that this person meets Bob and can coordinate with him going forward. I think the person they have in mind actually knows Bob so this should be pretty smooth.

McMark
I doubt we're going to have many opportunities to actually have everyone meet in person.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.