Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Caliper Reassembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Strudelwagon
Hi, Looking for some advice on reassembly of my 2 bleeder ATE front Calipers.
Got everything apart, drilled out the two broken caliper half bolts and found two 12.9 grade replacements. Everything is painted and i'm waiting on caliper half seals from Eric Shea.
Question... while test fitting the pistons I come up against some resistance from the inner piston pilot that slides on the center pin thats attached to the caliper bore. Whats the deal? do you just force it on with a C-clamp? WTF.gif

Thanks
Steve
davep
Yes, using a clamp will work fine. It should not take much force, just more than you can apply with your fingers alone.
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(davep @ Oct 31 2009, 06:17 PM) *

Yes, using a clamp will work fine. It should not take much force, just more than you can apply with your fingers alone.

Thanks Dave,
I figured as much but didn't want to horse it and find out I screwed it up. Thats why I love this place

Steve
Eric_Shea
Make sure you have the orientation of the pad step correct first.
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 1 2009, 11:34 AM) *

Make sure you have the orientation of the pad step correct first.

Thanks for that one Eric. I would have tried to spin them after and I'm going to geuss that it's difficult.
Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.