Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 broken
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
So I got on the fwy on ramp and about 100 yds in my car just stop,I heard a bad sound first, (motor) pulled over tried to crank nothing. open the motor bay and smoke was coming from the air filter and a few of my hoses (fan and vac.) hissyfit.gif where blown off? headbang.gif any clues?

underthetire
That sucks man. Backfire ? sucked intake valve? Good luck, hope for the best.
brp986s

If nothing else, thats a a nice looking ride you got there. Is it a 4? I miss my 4. Such a carefree ride.

As for your dilemma, we'll need info: What engine? compression? fuel pressure? Ignition working? Is it FI? If so, what type?
oldschool
QUOTE(brp986s @ Oct 31 2009, 07:15 PM) *

If nothing else, thats a a nice looking ride you got there. Is it a 4? I miss my 4. Such a carefree ride.

As for your dilemma, we'll need info: What engine? compression? fuel pressure? Ignition working? Is it FI? If so, what type?

1973 1.7 d injection sorry I was just sharing, I know a pretty good Porsche dude that takes care of me, hes coming over to take a look at it......maybe its time for that conversion lol-2.gif
914_teener
Oh no..quess your'e not going on the Halloween run now.

Don't give up ...... it could be something simple but it does sound like a sucked valve.

Time to go 2.0 ...keep your D-jet. I have an extra seat for the run if you don't get it fixed.

sad.gif

oldschool
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 31 2009, 07:50 PM) *

Don't give up ...... it could be something simple but it does sound like a sucked valve.

Time to go 2.0 ...keep your D-jet. I have an extra seat for the run if you don't get it fixed.

sad.gif

Thanks man ,funny thing if I'm not driving.gif I get car sick barf.gif I once barf.gif on a TV shoot that I was working on, we were shooting from inside a limo.
but thanks again,+ I have a shoot tomorrow. .....but I should be done by 2? shades.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 31 2009, 07:50 PM) *

sad.gif

wait a minute , lol-2.gif I still have one more....?
zymurgist
I was recently troubleshooting a problem with Babydoll... the injectors would buzz when you press the accelerator but the engine wouldn't run. Kicked over with a shot of ether so there was spark, and the fuel pressure was around 30. Turned out that the plug that goes to the FI points in the distributor had come loose. Plugged it in and she started right up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.