Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 fuel injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WFG
just got my tranny back in my 914 after rebuild tranny works great but noticed annother prob 3 of 4 injectors were leaking from the body not the line thought i would replace all so i was wondering if aftermarket was better or worse than bosch
zymurgist
Leaking from the body? Are you sure about this? Seems like a high failure rate.

Did you use metric FI hose to connect them? 5/16" is almost 8mm, and you want 7mm hose for the injectors.
WFG
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Nov 1 2009, 05:34 PM) *

Leaking from the body? Are you sure about this? Seems like a high failure rate.

Did you use metric FI hose to connect them? 5/16" is almost 8mm, and you want 7mm hose for the injectors.

not leaking from hose leaking at seam i have seen this happen on other bosch injectors when it is getting colder
jsayre914
i recently sent 7 green top to cruzin for cleaning, to find only 3 of them not leaking sad.gif
i sent a few more and finally got a set of 4 good ones. I am not sure if newer ones will run any better, but used ones are pretty cheap on this board. post an classified wanted ad and see what happens beerchug.gif
StratPlayer
IMHO 30 yr, + injectors make me worry. I have stock injectors in the new engine that I just built. I see these threads about fires and it makes me worry even more. I'm getting ready to build another engine but this one will have new injectors in it.

I have a fire ext. in the cab of the car just in case. 30 yr + injectors can be a problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.