Full Version: Cool Applet from our Friends in France
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Strudelwagon
Check this out!
http://club914.fr/914blueprint.swf

Lets you costomize your vurtual car by clicking on the heading
Tom_T
Hey, that's pretty cool! shades.gif

...just wish I could do my Beige seats & 73 bumper (shows 74 only). popcorn[1].gif
zymurgist
Cool! thumb3d.gif
tat2dphreak
closest I could get to my Current one(couldn't get body color bumpers with early valences)

Click to view attachment

and what I want it to be(couldn't shave the side markers tho):
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 2 2009, 09:05 AM) *

closest I could get to my Current one(couldn't get body color bumpers with early valences)

Click to view attachment

and what I want it to be(couldn't shave the side markers tho):
Click to view attachment

You can get Euro Turn signals without markers with a couple of clicks on turn signals - Frenchy-style 914 look biggrin.gif

You can also get an orange bumper & spoiler LE style - with several clicks at bumper for orange, if that helps.

I think it's a work in progress.

I noticed that Johannes Rousselle of 914 T-shirt fame here, is their webmaster - so Kudos to him for this cool tool! beerchug.gif

confused24.gif How did you save/copy your 914 make-up to here &/or your own computer when you were done?? confused24.gif
tat2dphreak
i have itailan front signals, and i haven't decided between euro and US rears smile.gif... i think US for red paint, euro for orange... what say you?

for the pic, i did a screen shot(alt+prt-screen), then cropped in irfanview
Tom_T
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 2 2009, 09:34 AM) *

i have itailan front signals, and i haven't decided between euro and US rears smile.gif... i think US for red paint, euro for orange... what say you?

for the pic, i did a screen shot(alt+prt-screen), then cropped in irfanview

Thanx - I'll try that with my other pic software.

Yours is more of a custom look, than mine will be (see below), although my 2 prior paint jobs were the L96K Copper Metallic in 76 then Anthracite Grey Metallic with dual blue pinstripes on the fenders - so I'm not a CW stickler overall (but then mine had already been changed with a repaint to Tan or Gold when I bought it in 75).

It depends upon what you're going for in the look.....

USA lenses are damn expensive & hard to find now - I know just having searched for a VG-Excl set! dry.gif

So Euros have the advantage of easier availability new at a decent price - if still costly. Italian & Euro Turnsignals need the Euro Buckets (or converted) with the dual lights inside to come off right at night/dusk.

If you're looking for an all orange look, then USA turns with Euro Rears, which really only works from the sides, but the reasr will still look red on orange.

At night/dusk from the rear - I think that the all red USA lenses make the 914 look lower & wider! smile.gif

My early 73 2L will be restored back to the OE L80E Light Ivory with the Beige (Tan/Cinnamon) #31/#503-502 Basketweave inserts all to USA spec lights, Fuchs 2L, Appearance & Performance Groups' other oprion items - as it was originally delivered "loaded" by the factory for no extra cost (only year for that deal). I'm going this more strict OE path in order to preserve the value of the $$$$'s I need to put into it now, after being hit F&R in 85 & sitting for 24 years! dry.gif

Had I bought it new myself, then I would've ordered it with Marathon Blue, Alaska Blue or a similar metallic blue extra price color special order, with the interior & everything else the same.

Good Luck on yours! beerchug.gif
tat2dphreak
yea, I'm kinda going for the all-one color, but I'm keeping the italian front lenses biggrin.gif I have both US and Euro spec buckets and lenses in decent shape.

I'm doing a 5-lug conversion, and using early boxster rims, tho, so lately I've been thinking the red almost goes better with those biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 2 2009, 10:10 AM) *

yea, I'm kinda going for the all-one color, but I'm keeping the italian front lenses biggrin.gif I have both US and Euro spec buckets and lenses in decent shape.

I'm doing a 5-lug conversion, and using early boxster rims, tho, so lately I've been thinking the red almost goes better with those biggrin.gif

Yeah red there - or with the 5-lug 914-6 Mahle Gas Burners, which were a perfect wheel design for the 914's body! smile.gif

....but they're very rare & pricey today! sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.