6freak
Click to view attachment........Sweet
6freak
Click to view attachment

Beautiful
EdwardBlume
Nice. Need more details... the new 928?
Tom_T
Looks slick & sleek - true Austin-Martin & Jag XKS competition! smile.gif drooley.gif

Wut iz it?? confused24.gif .....a Panorama Coupe??

If so - it's kind of an oxymoron, with the Pano being a 4-door 911 series progression, then digress to a coupe - almost but not quite a 911?

I'd like to see Porsche resurrect the air cooled 914 in an updated body - lower & lighter than the Boxster - ergo quicker around the turns - along these lines from a VW study that appeared in MT 9/08....... drooley.gif

Click to view attachment

However- it needs to be a pure Porsche project this time around to assure top quality & stop the "real Porsche" bickering - which may be hard given Porsche's financial woes & failed VW takeover & VW's buying up Porsche stock to gain control!
dry.gif
6freak
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 2 2009, 09:09 AM) *

Nice. Need more details...

What more do you need the know other then its a Porsche and its beautiful and it will be here 2012
scotty b

In theory yes. We shall see chowtime.gif
Tom_T

agree.gif ..... WTF.gif ....don't tease us with the pix, then cop out on the details! dry.gif

That sounds like a Porsche marketing guy trick! laugh.gif
MDG
Undoubtedly a beautiful car I'd like to see.

The front has echoes of the Ferrari 599 GTB and the back could be an Aston Martin.

Did Porsche just blink?
Jeffs9146
Auto Express article

Here is the article that goes with the photos!
carr914
I like it and I hate the Panorama.

That article said the developement cost for the Panorama were around $2Billion WTF.gif - No wonder Arabs now own a part of Porsche & VW

T.C.
Tom_T
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 2 2009, 01:10 PM) *

I like it and I hate the Panorama.

That article said the developement cost for the Panorama were around $2Billion WTF.gif - No wonder Arabs now own a part of Porsche & VW

T.C.

TC, look around - a good part of what you see in the USA is owned at least in part by the Middle Eastern countries & individuals or China! huh.gif
number6
Beautiful car. But, c'mon, Porsche, borrowing others' designs (front AND rear) so blatantly?!? tsk-tsk
Tom_T
QUOTE(number6 @ Nov 2 2009, 02:43 PM) *

Beautiful car. But the Aston-Martin-rip-off rear end ruins it for me. C'mon, Porsche, borrowing someone else' design so blatantly?!? tsk-tsk

IIRC - Porsche Design Consulting did the original A-M design.....so - if I'm correct - who's ripping off whom? confused24.gif
number6
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 2 2009, 03:49 PM) *

QUOTE(number6 @ Nov 2 2009, 02:43 PM) *

Beautiful car. But the Aston-Martin-rip-off rear end ruins it for me. C'mon, Porsche, borrowing someone else' design so blatantly?!? tsk-tsk

IIRC - Porsche Design Consulting did the original A-M design.....so - if I'm correct - who's ripping off whom? confused24.gif

Even if Porsche designed the A-M, I must assume they were compensated for it, and that the design became the property of Aston. Regardless, the look has been out in the market for years, associated with A-M. Porsche couldn't pen something different? And borrowing the Ferrari front? They designed that, too?

I'm all for Porsches with better lines, given the recent non-911 models. I'm just disappointed they chose not to be original.
turboman808
Holyshit a nice looking car from porsche. Whens the last time they made one of those?

Still gonna get the Jaguar or the Aston Martin next year. driving.gif
dlestep
...this isn't a Porsche concept, it's an attempt at globalization and marketing across age groups...who cares....it looks like a car my dad or the neighbor would want...which in fact, is NOT what I would want. Remember the basis of Porsche concept. This is not [it].

Yes, he designed the landtrain, and tanks and and and...but Porsche is best remembered as a purpose based, unique auto, that had only two seats.
I'm not interested in a Porsche Buick Roadmaster, or a Porsche SUV, or a Porsche Chevy Stationwagon, or a Porsche family car. The same kind of guys wanted to kill 911 and create 924/944/928.
When I'm driving my Porsche, it's me, the car and a bucket of curves. If I wanted my family along, I would drive my Ford Explorer and stay on the freeway.

[I think Peter should take a couple of the engineers and go hide out on the Zell am See, and come back with something with roots back to his grandfathers idea. Something with 4 tires, 4 cams, 4 valves, normally aspirated, with 2 seats, 2 mirrors, 1 steering wheel, and 1 stickshift, no cup holders, no "match my pussy paint and interiors," something around 180 to 240 hp at 760-850Kg max.]

How is it there are thousands of people that believe the same thing and yet the very people who actually are driving that bus, are clue-less.

(Hummmm, my car was built by VW and it says Porsche, but only here in America, everywhere else it is a VW-Porsche and was sold through the VW-Porsche-Audi dealerships). ...full circle...I'm not bitchin' about the VW-Porsche thing...it has always be a part of the same family...I bitchin about who let these retards drive the bus...send them to GM or Chrysler or better yet KIA.
Demick
QUOTE(dlestep @ Nov 2 2009, 03:48 PM) *

How is it there are thousands of people that believe the same thing and yet the very people who actually are driving that bus, are clue-less.

Because the kind of people who want this (what you wrote about) are not the same people who will pay $100K for a car...... and Porsche likes to sell to the $100K club, not the $30K club.
Tom_T
[I think Peter should take a couple of the engineers and go hide out on the Zell am See, and come back with something with roots back to his grandfathers idea. Something with 4 tires, 4 cams, 4 valves, normally aspirated, with 2 seats, 2 mirrors, 1 steering wheel, and 1 stickshift, no cup holders, no "match my pussy paint and interiors," something around 180 to 240 hp at 760-850Kg max.]

(Hummmm, my car was built by VW and it says Porsche, but only here in America, everywhere else it is a VW-Porsche and was sold through the VW-Porsche-Audi dealerships). ...full circle...I'm not bitchin' about the VW-Porsche thing...it has always be a part of the same family...I bitchin about who let these retards drive the bus...send them to GM or Chrysler or better yet KIA.

agree.gif ...& will add go back to the air-cooled to shed the water-boxer's & radiator's weight, but I could even live with 1 or 2 cams & 2 valves per - if it performed like Raby's 2270s & up, etc.! laugh.gif

KISS has a value folks! biggrin.gif

...& it's true that PAG would rather sell 1 - $100k+ car to 3-4 $30k +/- ones, even if the little ones perform better! dry.gif

Again I say.....PORSCHE give me one of these little buggers, or something similar! drooley.gif

Click to view attachment

PAG could clean this design study up a bit, tweak the engineering, & produce a modern skateboard which TEARS around corners in true 914 tradition, & one which still has "real" factory support & parts availability! dry.gif

...I'm still waiting!!..........
popcorn[1].gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Demick @ Nov 2 2009, 03:55 PM) *

Because the kind of people who want this (what you wrote about) are not the same people who will pay $100K for a car...... and Porsche likes to sell to the $100K club, not the $30K club.

agree.gif However, they ARE the ones ponying up $100k +/- to buy old 356s & restore/preserve them!
r_towle
looks like a nissan...no thanx

Rich
bandjoey
Can't find the article right now but this car is not schedule for the US. Pappa P won't back off the power and it won't meet emissions. What I read. mad.gif

Stay tuned.. I'm sure there's more info to come.
carr914
The Emissions are already passed on the Panorama, so it will definately come to the US. They build and go to the people that will pay the $$$ for what they build.

Granted, not many of us like the Cayenne, but it has been a huge success for Porsche cause they sell a gazillion of the these in the Middle East, where there is Money and abundant cheap gas.

We don't like the Luxabarge Panorama but it will sell somewhere (China?)

They we continue to feed us cars, because they know the citizens of the US buy ALOT of cars, especially when the economy is good.

Porsche has been about selling to the Upper-Crust for a long time and that is who will buy this car.

Don't keep hoping they will make an affordable small sportscar for us guys, cause it ain't going to happen.

T.C.
6freak

...this isn't a Porsche concept, it's an attempt at globalization and marketing across age groups...who cares....it looks like a car my dad or the neighbor would want...which in fact, is NOT what I would want. Remember the basis of Porsche concept. This is not [it].

Yes, he designed the landtrain, and tanks and and and...but Porsche is best remembered as a purpose based, unique auto, that had only two seats.
I'm not interested in a Porsche Buick Roadmaster, or a Porsche SUV, or a Porsche Chevy Stationwagon, or a Porsche family car. The same kind of guys wanted to kill 911 and create 924/944/928.
When I'm driving my Porsche, it's me, the car and a bucket of curves. If I wanted my family along, I would drive my Ford Explorer and stay on the freeway.

Dang who shit in your cheerios this morning...lol
Sleepin
Not as sexy as the 2010 911 Sport Classic IMO:

IPB Image

Complete with fake Fuchs... lol-2.gif
carr914
And who is this Peter you're talking about. It isn't Peter Porsche, cause he has nothing to do with the whole thing. The closest person in lineage to the family is Ferdinand Piech and right now he just wants to put money back into his pocket after the Porsche -VW - Porsche buyout fiasco

T.C.
carr914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 2 2009, 10:25 PM) *

Not as sexy as the 2010 911 Sport Classic IMO:

IPB Image

Complete with fake Fuchs... lol-2.gif

And that Will Not be coming to the US, because of the roofline (they would have to crash test certify it)
sww914
An entry level Porsche will always be a used Porsche in most cases. They're selling a lot of expensive cars, why go backwards as some have suggested.
That said, I'd buy the orangeish 914, too.
914junkie
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
I like it but I think this one looks more Porsche-like and more 928esque... confused24.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 2 2009, 07:28 PM) *

And who is this Peter you're talking about. It isn't Peter Porsche, cause he has nothing to do with the whole thing. The closest person in lineage to the family is Ferdinand Piech and right now he just wants to put money back into his pocket after the Porsche -VW - Porsche buyout fiasco

T.C.

I believe that may be MR. Peter Johnson to you! ...what's up --- Peter?? av-943.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 2 2009, 04:27 PM) *

looks like a nissan...no thanx

Rich

Nissan!!?? ...what Nissan looks like that!? ...er, Datsun for us old farts! dry.gif

Front end is Pano, rear end is along the sleek lines of the Jag & Aston-Martin, & one hell of an improvement over the original boat-butt 928!! dry.gif

I still prefer my 914! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.