Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Drive Through the Forest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
Beautiful weather this weekend, had a little fun in the forest north of Houston. Was just playing around, nothing too serious. Thought I'd share it with you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4GkROCwel8
underthetire
Well done ! You could work for Porsche in advertising ! Nice video.
tradisrad
nice video, but do you have any teeth left after that bumpy road.
MDG
Nicely shot video; funny thing is that CCR song was playing on the radio when I parked my car an hour ago.
oldschool
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 2 2009, 10:24 AM) *

Beautiful weather this weekend, had a little fun in the forest north of Houston. Was just playing around, nothing too serious. Thought I'd share it with you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4GkROCwel8

Nice dof inside the ride what did you use to shoot? (camera lens) Dollie,Steadicam,jib ?

I'm a big fan of the dirty lens. love it.
patssle
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Nov 2 2009, 11:09 AM) *

Those roads aren't that bad for dirt/rocks, I drive on them all the time. My 914 has a very hard suspension, so every little bump is felt.

QUOTE(oldschool @ Nov 2 2009, 12:02 PM) *

Nice dof inside the ride what did you use to shoot? (camera lens) Dollie,Steadicam,jib ?

Canon 7D with the Canon 17-55mm 2.8 IS. Also Glidecam 2000.

The lens was clean most of the time, but a couple shots do look dirty. To be expected playing on dirt roads and running through weeds.
oldschool
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 2 2009, 12:26 PM) *

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Nov 2 2009, 11:09 AM) *

Those roads aren't that bad for dirt/rocks, I drive on them all the time. My 914 has a very hard suspension, so every little bump is felt.

QUOTE(oldschool @ Nov 2 2009, 12:02 PM) *

Canon 7D with the Canon 17-55mm 2.8 IS. Also Glidecam 2000.

The lens was clean most of the time, but a couple shots do look dirty. To be expected playing on dirt roads and running through weeds.

NO NO dirty lens is a term we use in the industry. anything that pops in from the sides is a dirty shoot appose to a clean shoot.
d7d is that a SLR? with a sdi card
Rod
Great little vid. yes the 7D is an slr oldschool. A very nice one. I have a Canon SLR on order and can't wait to try video with my 10-20mm smile.gif
patssle
QUOTE(oldschool @ Nov 2 2009, 02:41 PM) *

NO NO dirty lens is a term we use in the industry. anything that pops in from the sides is a dirty shoot appose to a clean shoot.

Oh, never heard it in that context before. Yeah, no lens hood yet. Need to get one, but the flares do add a nice touch.

The 7D is the newest HDSLR, next step from the 5dmkII. Does 1080 30/24p and 720 60p. Great low light and DOF performance with a good lens.
oldschool
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 2 2009, 03:51 PM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Nov 2 2009, 02:41 PM) *

Oh, never heard it in that context before. Yeah, no lens hood yet. Need to get one, but the flares do add a nice touch.

The 7D is the newest HDSLR, next step from the 5dmkII. Does 1080 30/24p and 720 60p. Great low light and DOF performance with a good lens.

very nice with that dof when shoot we need to add prims and add a 35mm adapter,I'm cutting a show with some clips from a guy who shoot with a SLR very clean, but focus was soft in a lot of the clips. need to be careful (DOF)
I have shoot white the glidcam lo tech but I like it.
patssle
QUOTE(oldschool @ Nov 2 2009, 03:58 PM) *

very nice to that dof we need to add prims and add a 35mm adapter,Im cutting some clips from guy who shoot with a SLR very clean, but hes focus was soft in a lot of the clips.

Yeah a lot of people shoot with hyper-shallow DOF with these cameras, thus hard to get a good focus. I was weighing the option of buying a 35mm adapter for my HVX200...but a bulky rig plus poor low light performance...the HDSLR won over. Plus a great still photo camera! Now just saving my money for a L series zoom-telephoto.
kenshapiro2002
Hell with the lens shit...what did you cover your dash face with...looks good.
Drums66
Very cool.......I like the late cars! popcorn[1].gif smoke.gif
dw914er
great video

looks like i coulda been an ad
johannes
Very cool video. I like the Dof effect. What is this Igus slider. Is this a DIY thing ? I didn't found any camera related product by Igus.
patssle
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 2 2009, 04:37 PM) *

Couldn't tell you, that's how it came when I bought it.

QUOTE(johannes @ Nov 3 2009, 06:43 AM) *

Very cool video. I like the Dof effect. What is this Igus slider. Is this a DIY thing ? I didn't found any camera related product by Igus.

It's a DIY - but it looks professional.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=145701
underthetire

hijacked.gif
Just ordered some shirts. Very cool.
johannes
hijacked.gif
Thanks ! ...
oldschool
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 3 2009, 09:50 AM) *

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 2 2009, 04:37 PM) *

Couldn't tell you, that's how it came when I bought it.

It's a DIY - but it looks professional.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=145701

yeah so cool when you ad any kind of movement ,Dollie shoots are very nice.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.