Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm ordering new calipers from Mr Shea.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rod
I am fitting new discs all round , new Porterfield R4-S Pads, and have a new set of front calipers coming from MR Shea biggrin.gif

Should I fit speed bleeders at the same time? (Does Eric sell them even?!) I'll change the fluid to DOT4 at the same time, and rather than pressurise the system and risk damaging MC I wondered if Speed Bleeders were a wise investment?

tat2dphreak
1) good choice on Eric! I love my rebuilt calipers from him

2) yes, speed bleeders are the shit! he DOES sell them

3) I think he also sells super-blue brake fluid.
underthetire
Don't forget the new brake lines. And the Bosch spark plugs you know you can't find locally and....and....and...
Rod
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 2 2009, 10:28 PM) *

Don't forget the new brake lines. And the Bosch spark plugs you know you can't find locally and....and....and...

headbang.gif hissyfit.gif av-943.gif
biosurfer1
Just don't lose the speed bleeders 2 weeks after you buy them...ask me how I know:/
VaccaRabite
Speed bleeders are great, so long as you don't use a pressure bleeder to bleed your breaks.

Speed bleeders have a check valve in them that keeps the fluid from back filling air like a usual bleeder valve. But, the check valve needs more then the 10 - 15 psi pressure that is used by my pressure bleeder. If you want to use a pressure bleeder, stay standard. If you don't have one, speed bleeders are the bomb.

Zach
bandjoey
How Do They Work? unsure.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 2 2009, 04:33 PM) *

How Do They Work? unsure.gif

Here
http://www.speedbleeder.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.