Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RC guys an gals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Phoenix-MN
Click to view attachment

They are sweet aktion035.gif
underthetire
HPI

Thanks for writing into HPI Customer Service. As for the wheels you are looking for they are not available separate from the kit yet. If you have a kit and have damaged a wheel I could possibly track down one to replace it if needed.

The part numbers are going to be 3928 and 3918 once they are released

Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 2 2009, 03:00 PM) *

HPI

Thanks for writing into HPI Customer Service. As for the wheels you are looking for they are not available separate from the kit yet. If you have a kit and have damaged a wheel I could possibly track down one to replace it if needed.

The part numbers are going to be 3928 and 3918 once they are released

I bought the whole kit (I wanted the RS)

12mm hex
44.5mm tire bead
24.7mm width
underthetire
Nice ! I want it as well, but bought a new airplane instead. headbang.gif
Dr Evil
I bought a used baja 5b smile.gif
underthetire
Ok seems like a lot of RC'ers in here, so

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/u...mp;ParentCat=85

WAAAAYYYYY better price for motors/chargers/batteries than anyone else. The ZIPPY flighmax batteries and Turnigy electronics have been bullet proof. I've ordered 3 times, my dad half a dozen, and all the guys at work that RC have ordered. About 2 weeks to the west coast. It all comes from china anyway, your just cutting out the middleman.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Nov 2 2009, 02:54 PM) *

Those are Sweet! drooley.gif How about a link. I searched for a set of those for my trophy car but couldn't find Fuch wheels. I ended up with these. dry.gif
Dr Evil
For online stuff I use Raidentech. They dont have HPI stuff, though. I really want to get into brushless and Lipo planes. Cant justify it until I am done with my bus, 914, move, etc dry.gif
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 2 2009, 05:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Nov 2 2009, 02:54 PM) *

Those are Sweet! drooley.gif How about a link. I searched for a set of those for my trophy car but couldn't find Fuch wheels. I ended up with these. dry.gif

Rick,
They aren't available seperatly yet, I bought the Cup Racer 2.8RSR kit
underthetire
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 2 2009, 05:14 PM) *

For online stuff I use Raidentech. They dont have HPI stuff, though. I really want to get into brushless and Lipo planes. Cant justify it until I am done with my bus, 914, move, etc dry.gif

Hey, forget raidentech. Call me when your ready. Can get you in the air lipo/brushless with a proven plane. Order the electronics from hobbyking, and depending on your flying skill depends on the airplane. I flew gas/nitro for a long time. All electric for me now, including the new twin engine PBY Catalina sea plane I just bought. Can help you get in the air for less than 200 bucks with LIPO/brushless/2.6 GHZ radio. Stuff has gotton cheap.

PBY http://www.electrifly.com/largeelectrics/gpma1154.html
THE BEST foamie 3D i have ever flown http://www.shop.depronwest.com/product.sc?...mp;categoryId=8
Dr Evil
Right on. Are you a dealer???
Dr Evil
I love the PBY
underthetire
No, I just know what to order and from where. I wouldn't ever get in to the nightmare of sales again headbang.gif

I've been in RC flying clubs for the last 15 years with my father. I only got out of the clubs cause i'm only doing electrics now. My dad (who should retire but won't) flys competition pattern RC with the BIG planes, like 150CC 2 stroke stuff. Between the two of us alone we have had probably 2-3 hundred planes. We both now usually order the stuff for electrics through hobbyking. His 5K plus airplanes get only top of line stuff of coarse.

Maybe i should come spectate at your clinic up here and bring my medium foamy electric. Enough room to fly ??
Dr Evil
Spectate. We can find a field (probably wont have time, though).
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 2 2009, 06:18 PM) *

Spectate. We can find a field (probably wont have time, though).

Cool. Another guy invited you to crash his airplane.

lol-2.gif
underthetire
He can fly it or crash it. Don't care. Foamies go well with the hot glue gun, and a total loss would be 40 bucks. Thats why I volunteer the foamy and not a built up one !
Dr Evil
I only fly foam....so I dont need to fly well smile.gif I crashed Johns up in Portland, but he had his throws all super sensitive and stuff.
.5mm =nose dive.
Phoenix-MN
Ok back to the wheels rolleyes.gif

Since the wheels aren't the typical touring size
1.75" (44.5mm) Dia.
.97" (25mm) wide

Anyone have some ideas on tires?
These are what I have found that should work.
HPI, 100630, 100628, 100629
ae 2405
TAMIYA, 51023, 53220, 53214, 53227

Any others?
rick 918-S
Here's what I bought.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=97857&hl=

Are these the same scale as yours or is your car a mini size?
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 4 2009, 10:29 AM) *

Here's what I bought.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=97857&hl=

Are these the same scale as yours or is your car a mini size?

The CUP wheels and tires are smaller than the Vintage series and are a little bigger than the mini sizes.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 2 2009, 03:12 PM) *

Oh yeah? What 'cha flying? LiPo or Nitro? I've had a number of birds. Current fleet is small though - parkzone t-28 with a turnigy motor upgrade and a multiplex easy glider.
underthetire
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Nov 4 2009, 01:59 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 2 2009, 03:12 PM) *

Oh yeah? What 'cha flying? LiPo or Nitro? I've had a number of birds. Current fleet is small though - parkzone t-28 with a turnigy motor upgrade and a multiplex easy glider.

I'm only Lipo now, I have a Sig e balsa , My DW foamie Yak, and the one I bought was the great planes PBY Catalina. Been getting the Lipos and Turnigy motors/speed controllers from hobbyking in China. Other stuff is castle and eflight. Only have two planes air worthy right now, but I am working on the PBY. The PBY will have a 3000 Lipo, twin 28/30 1050 outrunners and two 25 amp speed controls. I don't even own brushed stuff anymore. (BTW the 3000 LIPO zippy 20C battery was like 18 bucks, the same battery in 1500 was like 12 bucks. and they work as good or better than the thunder powers).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.