Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kermee6 @ Summit point DE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
degreeoff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgBDEiTPWUo
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Nov 2 2009, 08:59 PM) *

Josh, stop teasing. Give me more!!!! Geat sound and nice lines. Had a great time at the event. Did you catch Jim (Type47) on your video?
degreeoff
yeah I caught jim.......his car goes good for a 4! I am trying to save the whole deal now to see if I can't get it all up from that last run. If I am able I will even have that mac daddy 997(?) with turbos that I chased for a lap through the twisties! my best lap on my rough timer (aka the clock on the camera) was 1:31.
VaccaRabite
I can't wait until I can get my car squared away to the point (and I have the free time) that I can do this kind of thing...

Is a cage a requirement for DE?

Zach
type47
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 3 2009, 06:45 AM) *

Is a cage a requirement for DE?

No, majority of the cars are street stock cars maybe I should qualify that, most of the green group cars are street stock.
degreeoff
no you have one built in.....targa:-) at least thats what I 'think'

Josh
ME733
popcorn[1].gif .....For all the D/E events I am aware of..in the south east ..even tho the 914 is a convertable, the TARGA section, is considered a rollbar, as it is a structural member above the drivers head. It,s a factory built in rollbar. other safty equipment is requred,helmit,harness(in most cases)...etc....Check the organizations rules and requirements your going to D/E with as they may vary a little. popcorn[1].gif
degreeoff
just put two soon to be 3 on the autox/video archive at the top, which will be all I have from the weekend.

Enjoy!
Bill Smith
Josh - Bill Smith the Yellow 914 at Summit. I loved your car - glad the weekend went good for you - I lost 4th gear on the 3rd run on Sat and came home. It looked like you were running in the low 1:30's from the video. Great line. Will see you next year - looks like your hooked. If you liked Summit - Your love Shanendoah in the 914.
MikeSpraggi
Josh, Shenandoah is a great track for 914s. A very,very busy track and very hard on your car if driven hard. Decent elevation changes and some very technical sections ...... it's great for teeners as Bill has said. The Karussel will really compress your suspension and has known to eat low hung air dams and car bottoms as you literally "drop" into its' 20 degree banking right before getting a little airborn on the bridge straight ....... you'll love it. BTW ... haven't you done Shenandoah? If so, then you know driving.gif .
degreeoff
Hey guys, thanks for the input on the line! I had a great instructor. I will say that I WANT to wrap turn 1 tighter than that.....I have not been to the shenendoah circut yet. I will next time it comes available it does seem like a hoot from the videos I have seen. Am I hooked? HELL yes! Lots of fun and when the tires warm up a bit scary too....hee hee. I need to work on my threshold breaking, but I can not complain as thats my first time on a track with a 6 and the first time in 5 years or so since my only other time at FATT. Mike do I worry about the beating on the car.....naw I built her and she'll take it! I may ad some scoops for front break cooling though.

Josh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.