Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Didya Ever Have One of Those Weeks?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
A week ago I wanted to change the rear shocks. It looked like a simple couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon. Here's were I am today. DaJaVu Anyone?
Lay out shocks and make a plan.
1. Pull 4 Wheels and up on Jackstands
2. Discover I didn't have a box end wrench large enough for the shock bolt
3. Drive to brothers and borrow a wrench
4. Examine brake pads and see they're down to the metal
5. Pull the calipers to discover a broken pad and ground up piston
6. Pull a set of rebuilts out of storage. Install all 4 calipers
7. Adjust the clearance and find a leak on one of the rebuilt calipers
8. Post on World, and PMB comes to the rescue, mailing me out new Orings
9. Wait on mail. Change out shocks...questions on fit
10. Post ?? on World and get several answers. Satisified I'm ok
11. Waiting on mail. Decide to install new fuel pump and filter.
12. Find casting crack in new fuel pump. Take it back the next day for swap out.
13. Install new pump and filter. See Mikey's post on his car burning up.
14. Still thinking about fire - go back and double check the pump and lines
15. Mail comes. Put Orings and instructions on work bench.
16. Grab Heat exchange tin as I start to pull the caliper.
17. Heat exchange tin rattles. Crawl under the car to tighten.
18. Discover AC Compressor is hanging by only 1 bolt - 3 missing
19. Pulled the compressor out. Start thinking on how to plug that 10 x 10 hole.
20. Discover battery tray I never painted has surface rust.
21. Tomorrow will try to install O Rings and get car off jack stands.
Wonder what else I'll find. lol-2.gif

What's your tale?
zymurgist
Let's see.

Sunday night, my 15 year old dog apparently hurt one of her knees. She can't walk too well to begin with. She slips and falls on the tiled floor in the kitchen, and manages to poop on the floor, smearing the floor and her backside in the process. *sigh* I cleaned it up and bathed her, and hope that she gets a little better.

Late Sunday night, my sister called me. Our mom is back in the hospital with a relapse of pancreatitis. Hopefully this one won't be as bad, because 1) we got her to the hospital promptly, rather than letting her "tough it out" too long and 2) they want to remove her gall bladder, which is the proximate cause of the inflammation. They operate today if her liver enzymes are stable.

Monday, I went to work and I got a call from a guy I used to work with. He had a somber tone, and I was expecting to hear bad news about a co-worker who is being treated for acute lymphocytic leukemia. No news about Andy... rather, he had the sad duty of informing me that another much-liked co-worker had died over the weekend from complications of flu.

Only 2 days gone, and this week is already a week from hell. Cars, what cars?
bandjoey
Hi Ken. Very sorry for all the crud happening all so quickly this week. Life and death issues are hard on all of us.

I, and I'm sure others on World, wish the best for you and yours.

Hopefully reading posts like mine, and others, with crazy 914 stories, will help you through these times. It's the funny and crazy, never ending, one piece at a time stories that make owning 914's a life of planned insanity.

Bill
zymurgist
Thanks Bill.

You know what's really funny? I don't own a 914! lol-2.gif These guys just let me hang out here because they think I make good beer.
dakotaewing
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Nov 3 2009, 06:00 PM) *

Thanks Bill.

You know what's really funny? I don't own a 914! lol-2.gif These guys just let me hang out here because they think I make good beer.

Good beer and the fact that you own a donor car! beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.