Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horn Suggestions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenshapiro2002
When I picked up y car three months ago, there were no horns on it. So the seller ran up to a FLAPS and bought a single horn to appease me and to get me home safely. I'd like to buy a pair of horns that will fit in the original spot with no need for any modifications, and be as loud as possible. Nice being heard when you're than small and low!
underthetire
I bought a pair of chrome horns at HF one day cause they were ten bucks for the pair and my horns were out. They are reasonable and fit witht he stock brackets. The hella dual tones I think fit and are really nice, but a little $$. I also have one stock horn you can have if you pay shipping.
kenshapiro2002
No thanks, but very generous. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 3 2009, 11:42 AM) *

I bought a pair of chrome horns at HF one day cause they were ten bucks for the pair and my horns were out. They are reasonable and fit witht he stock brackets. The hella dual tones I think fit and are really nice, but a little $$. I also have one stock horn you can have if you pay shipping.

Phoenix-MN
Hella Super Tones They are loud (120db I believe)
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 3 2009, 08:27 AM) *

When I picked up y car three months ago, there were no horns on it. So the seller ran up to a FLAPS and bought a single horn to appease me and to get me home safely. I'd like to buy a pair of horns that will fit in the original spot with no need for any modifications, and be as loud as possible. Nice being heard when you're than small and low!

Hella dual tone link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hella-Dual-...s#ht_1701wt_941

FIAMM dual tone link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual-Trumpe...s#ht_1384wt_941

The Hella's are bright red and the FIAMM are black like original Porsche dual tones but

YOU WANT LOUD/? I USE THE FIAMM as they are the LOUDEST

and they are same desighned at fit perfectly on the factory horn mount uses the factory wiring too, nothing to cut. bend or pre-wire

HELLA DUAL TONES are 113 decibels
FIAMM DUAL TONES are 135 decibels

MY AUDIO KNOWLEDGE is the for every 3 decibels of volume is 1 noticeable/detectable level of volume change to the human hear. So the FIAMM are 7 levels of noticeable increase in volume to the human ear. They are USA made and same quality of manufacture as the HELLA's.

MY logic is like yours, they may not see us in the dinky 914 but they will hear you with a LOUD horn, but you want to keep a stock appearance (black better than trashy red) and you do not want to put in air trumpets.. FIAMM is the way to go.

Half the time I go to the grocery store I cannot see my car in the parking spot I left it until I am right on it. Same goes for the soccer mom in the SUV looking for a parking spot in a hurry with the kids. At least you can sound off...
VaccaRabite
Ken, I have a pair of supertones on my car. If I drive it to Joe's tonight and you are there, you can see/hear them.

No promises on me driving the car though... I really need to change the carbs before I drive it more.
kenshapiro2002
Just bought the FIAMMs...thanks for the lead.

QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Nov 3 2009, 12:10 PM) *

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 3 2009, 08:27 AM) *

Hella dual tone link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hella-Dual-...s#ht_1701wt_941

FIAMM dual tone link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual-Trumpe...s#ht_1384wt_941

The Hella's are bright red and the FIAMM are black like original Porsche dual tones but

YOU WANT LOUD/? I USE THE FIAMM as they are the LOUDEST

and they are same desighned at fit perfectly on the factory horn mount uses the factory wiring too, nothing to cut. bend or pre-wire

HELLA DUAL TONES are 113 decibels
FIAMM DUAL TONES are 135 decibels

MY AUDIO KNOWLEDGE is the for every 3 decibels of volume is 1 noticeable/detectable level of volume change to the human hear. So the FIAMM are 7 levels of noticeable increase in volume to the human ear. They are USA made and same quality of manufacture as the HELLA's.

MY logic is like yours, they may not see us in the dinky 914 but they will hear you with a LOUD horn, but you want to keep a stock appearance (black better than trashy red) and you do not want to put in air trumpets.. FIAMM is the way to go.

Half the time I go to the grocery store I cannot see my car in the parking spot I left it until I am right on it. Same goes for the soccer mom in the SUV looking for a parking spot in a hurry with the kids. At least you can sound off...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.