Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s In The Fall
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenshapiro2002
Gorgeous cars..gorgeous season (unless you're in FL. lol-2.gif ). Post some.
Click to view attachment
kenshapiro2002
Click to view attachment
flipb
Dammit!

I just got home from a great drive -- working from home today, entitled to spend my lunch break how i choose ;-) -- and realized that I forgot to bring a camera.

The only pictures I have are of the car in my driveway. Not so inspiring. I need to bring it someplace scenic before all the trees are bare.
kenshapiro2002
Hey...watch your fucking language! lol-2.gif

QUOTE(flipb @ Nov 3 2009, 02:19 PM) *

Dammit!

I just got home from a great drive -- working from home today, entitled to spend my lunch break how i choose ;-) -- and realized that I forgot to bring a camera.

The only pictures I have are of the car in my driveway. Not so inspiring. I need to bring it someplace scenic before all the trees are bare.

flipb
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 3 2009, 02:24 PM) *

Hey...watch your fucking language! lol-2.gif

QUOTE(flipb @ Nov 3 2009, 02:19 PM) *

Dammit!

You're right. I hope I didn't offend anyone. If I did, I'm really fucking sorry.
SirAndy
No fall here. Or seasons for that matter. Does a picture with dried up grass in the background count? idea.gif
kenshapiro2002
Only if you're smoking it.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 3 2009, 02:31 PM) *

No fall here. Or seasons for that matter. Does a picture with dried up grass in the background count? idea.gif

underthetire
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 3 2009, 11:31 AM) *

agree.gif

Looks just like summer (and yes its upper 70's today). Actually it is a nice ride through the Delta back roads right now. Start at the Antioch bridge stay straight at Hwy 12, cruse along the delta, over the little bridges and head up to loch. Have lunch in old town sacramento and reverse home. Makes for a nice day.
patssle

This thread sucks. No fall foliage in Texas sad.gif
kenshapiro2002
Nope...Texas sucks! piratenanner.gif Really...can't imagine not having four distinct seasons.

QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 3 2009, 03:45 PM) *

underthetire
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 3 2009, 12:45 PM) *

I was in Houston once. Is there any foliage at all in Texas ?
stevesc_us
Looks just like summer (and yes its upper 70's today). Actually it is a nice ride through the Delta back roads right now. Start at the Antioch bridge stay straight at Hwy 12, cruse along the delta, over the little bridges and head up to loch. Have lunch in old town sacramento and reverse home. Makes for a nice day.

Did you happen to stop by Al's Place (aka Al The Wops) when you went thru Locke? Great place for New York steaks and a classic old time bar that provides a perfect place to stop and wet your whistle.

I know the Delta very well having grown up on a farm just across the Isleton Bridge on Grand Island. Great drives along the scenic levee roads.
kenshapiro2002
There's grass but if you smoke it they give you 30 years!

QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 3 2009, 03:48 PM) *

tat2dphreak
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 3 2009, 02:48 PM) *

I was in east texas over the weekend, near longview. and grew up in Central Tx(Austin/Hill country) there IS foliage in those places...

west texas doesn't have trees, in dallas the concrete stays the same color.

btw, Longview area was really pretty over the weekend

edit:
for anyone who's never been to TX... there's really 4 distinct areas with different climates/scenery...
West TX - Desert, Flat, think AZ in the summer... cold and dry in the winter. lots of wind. (el paso, lubbock, laredo)
coastal region - Houston, corpus, etc. HOT I mean FUCKING HOT in the summer and humid.
east Texas - forests, hills, but not so much on the major metropolitan areas... unless texarkana counts. nice area tho.
north and central Texas have a similar climate and scenery... hills, lakes, grassy, mostly oaks and cedars for trees tho, so "smaller" trees... Dallas, Austin, etc. still hot and humid, but not like Houston.

underthetire
QUOTE(stevesc_us @ Nov 3 2009, 12:53 PM) *

Did you happen to stop by Al's Place (aka Al The Wops) when you went thru Locke? Great place for New York steaks and a classic old time bar that provides a perfect place to stop and wet your whistle.

I know the Delta very well having grown up on a farm just across the Isleton Bridge on Grand Island. Great drives along the scenic levee roads.

Didn't really stop anywhere. I saw the bar though, full of Fiero's barf.gif Got some dirty looks from those guys.
RoadGlue
Took a few shots last week:

IPB Image

IPB Image
flipb
Finally remembered my camera today. Took a couple glamour shots in my neighborhood on the way to the grocery store.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Turned out to be a good thing I brought my camera. This behemoth was in the parking lot at the grocery store.

IPB Image

My pre-schooler is going to go nuts for that shot. Fire trucks are his favorite thing. He's even sat in the driver's seat of the one in the picture when that station had an open house last month.

On the way home, I remembered that my digicam could shoot video... stirthepot.gif I wedged it in between the passenger headrest and the rear glass and started shooting. Unfortunately, didn't realize til I uploaded it that it was wedged so tight that the zoom button got pressed. So the first few seconds are a quick zoom from full-windshield view to a narrow tops-of-the-trees view. I recorded eight minutes of that. D'oh.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 3 2009, 12:47 PM) *

Nope...Texas sucks! piratenanner.gif Really...can't imagine not having four distinct seasons.

I love the seasons, thats why I live in a place that skips all the sh*tty ones.... shades.gif
Challe
I wrote an article for the PCS magazine (Porsche Club Sweden) regarding 914s last year and last fall my wife took a few shoots of our 914 to illustrate the text, here's one of the pics

IPB Image

The article was later published in the 1st issue (jan 2009) and to our surprise one of her pictures made the front page, sorry for the bad quality of the enclosed picture but I made an jpg from a acrobate version of the magazine, I think it was the first front page of the PCS magazine with a 914.

IPB Image

dw914er
when I go back home for thanksgiving, I'll take some (pray for some foliage)
kenshapiro2002
Unless home is way south, it's over.

QUOTE(dw914er @ Nov 6 2009, 05:24 AM) *

when I go back home for thanksgiving, I'll take some (pray for some foliage)

t collins
Fall in Virginia is nice.
Click to view attachment
kenshapiro2002
And so is your car!

QUOTE(t collins @ Nov 6 2009, 05:43 PM) *

Fall in Virginia is nice.
Click to view attachment

t collins
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 3 2009, 11:16 AM) *

I can truthfully say the same about your's!
[b][size=4]NICE CAR!
kenshapiro2002
First off..flares make these cars! Secondly, I really think that the gold BBS/RS wheels really fit my car and wouldn't look anywhere near as good as the FUCHers do on yours. We have impeccable taste!

QUOTE(t collins @ Nov 6 2009, 06:55 PM) *

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 3 2009, 11:16 AM) *

I can truthfully say the same about your's!
[b][size=4]NICE CAR!

1970 Neun vierzehn
Cool temps, dry roads, no traffic......
Bruce Allert
Does this count? rolleyes.gif

......b
Click to view attachment
jsayre914
Took one out front of the shop, at least one tree there drunk.gif
kenshapiro2002
Joseph...looks great...musta cleaned her up? How's she running?
jsayre914
She is running better now with the 1.8 than my tired 2.0 was runnin. biggrin.gif

why dont you bring your teener down here on a sunday, parking is always free on this block sundays. my car (god willing) is always out front. I have not washed the car in at least 6 months, but it didnt go very far either laugh.gif
kenshapiro2002
Well...she's apart now for new fuel lines and pump, but should be back together soon. Problem is, if the weather is good enough on a Sunday to take the teener out, I'm on the bike with my club. Maybe during the week one day...I'll PM you.

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Nov 8 2009, 05:50 PM) *

She is running better now with the 1.8 than my tired 2.0 was runnin. biggrin.gif

why dont you bring your teener down here on a sunday, parking is always free on this block sundays. my car (god willing) is always out front. I have not washed the car in at least 6 months, but it didnt go very far either laugh.gif

jcwells
Couple of beauty shots after the pre-Coffee and Cars run up Boulder Canyon on Saturday. Freakishly gorgeous weather for this time of year in Colorado, and it was really nice to get out and enjoy it!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
robby750
I love the Fall
underthetire
mine
Socalandy
New bursch is on and sounding good so I went looking for fall in Socal.

tommy914
Click to view attachment
tommy914
Click to view attachment
tommy914
Click to view attachment
siverson
My front yard (and the one tree that changes color on our street):

IPB Image
oldschool
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Nov 5 2009, 10:47 AM) *

I love the seasons, thats why I live in a place that skips all the sh*tty ones.... shades.gif

pray.gif amen brother I'm with you. shades.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 1 2009, 12:24 AM) *

.... it's why a two bedroom condo costs 2,500 a month.....
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Nov 5 2009, 12:47 PM) *

Which "sh*tty" season are you skipping?? Wildfire? Flood? Earthquake? Mudslide? (AKA..what passes for seasons in California)

We have seasons here in Texas. Summer lasts 8 months. Fall and Spring each last a month and Winter lasts about 2 months. But it has been known to reach 70 degrees and snow on the same day.

neil30076
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Dec 1 2009, 06:23 PM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 1 2009, 12:24 AM) *

.... it's why a two bedroom condo costs 2,500 a month.....

What seasons?
And the sun ( almost ) always shines - today in SD, 78deg outside. Some day i'll put the roof on if i can remmeber how. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
kenshapiro2002
Hey...it's still Fall in Bawlmer! Just shoveled 8" off the driveway. It's 23ยบ out and the total predicted amount is 16-26". Fall rocks...eat your heart out Neil! piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.