Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this welding coming through from the other side?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cire
Just saw this picture and was curious if more steel was added to the inside of the trunk? What else could go in this spot?

Thanks.

Eric

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Yep, looks like stitch welding seams and stiffeners to me.
TravisNeff
That's just stitch welding to existing metal. Look in your trunk and you will see that small panel
Cire
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Nov 3 2009, 08:10 PM) *

That's just stitch welding to existing metal. Look in your trunk and you will see that small panel

So I guess when I do my rear end stiffening kit, I should see it penetrating through to this side of the trunk?... = ) Cool.

Thanks all.

Eric
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cire @ Nov 3 2009, 06:11 PM) *

So I guess when I do my rear end stiffening kit, I should see it penetrating through to this side of the trunk?... = ) Cool.

No. That section is double walled. The "stiffening kit" only attaches to the outer skin.

What you see in the picture is someone seam-welding the factory spot-welded metal.
shades.gif Andy
jt914-6
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 3 2009, 09:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Cire @ Nov 3 2009, 06:11 PM) *

No. That section is double walled. The "stiffening kit" only attaches to the outer skin.

What you see in the picture is someone seam-welding the factory spot-welded metal.
shades.gif Andy

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.