Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy longs replacements
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TravisG
Hi All,

It is getting to the point where I need to repair the area of the longs below the hell hole. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif Where are some places that I can purchase repair panels?

Thanks for the help

TravisG
Mark Henry
new owners....let us know how you make out.

http://www.restoration-design.com/installation_ss301r.htm#
TravisG
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 3 2009, 10:47 PM) *

Your reply seems a little wary. Has anyone had any experience with this vendor? What kind of hassles can I expect with them being in Canada (extra fees at border)?

TravisG
r_towle
George Hussey has most of it on the shelf at "Auto Atlanta"

This is a pic that George put together in his shop to show what he has in stock.

Rich
Mark Henry
QUOTE(TravisG @ Nov 3 2009, 10:54 PM) *

Your reply seems a little wary. Has anyone had any experience with this vendor? What kind of hassles can I expect with them being in Canada (extra fees at border)?

TravisG

The old owner was getting a bit sketchy, but it was the best parts....new owners said all that is past.
Honestly we don't know yet.

We (canadians) have the $$$ issues getting stuff across rolleyes.gif
Markl
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 3 2009, 09:46 PM) *

QUOTE(TravisG @ Nov 3 2009, 10:54 PM) *

TravisG

The old owner was getting a bit sketchy, but it was the best parts....new owners said all that is past.

I ordered parts from them a month ago - got an email saying they would send me shipping costs, etc, Not a word since - no way to do business. That's all I know about them, and that's all I need to know.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Markl @ Nov 3 2009, 11:59 PM) *

I ordered parts from them a month ago - got an email saying they would send me shipping costs, etc, Not a word since - no way to do business. That's all I know about them, and that's all I need to know.

I know 100% for sure just over a month ago they were in the middle of moving everything to Canada
Bound to be some hiccups in transition.

I emailed them told them about this thread, maybe we'll get a reply.
Gint
They moved it all to canadia? I didn't know that part. Is it easier to ship stuff to the states from Canada than vice versa?
SirAndy
In the mean time, AA is probably your best bet for getting replacement sheet-metal ...

shades.gif Andy
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 4 2009, 12:18 AM) *

They moved it all to canadia? I didn't know that part. I

No they moved to Canada
Gint
sad.gif

How about the other question: Is it easier to ship stuff to the states from Canada than vice versa?

I would really liek to see the new owners of Restoration Design do well. I would like to do business with them. I never had any trouble when Bill owned/operated it. And the quality was top notch.
TravisG
Thanks for all the replies, From what I have gathered, it would seem that if you have a plenty of time to wait, then resto design may be the choice( since they are in a transition period) and if you need it quickly, then AA would be the way to go.

Since I will be in need of mine in about 3 weeks, I think I will go to AA.

TravisG
TravisG

I ordered some Upholstery from England a few years back and got a "Broker Charge" from UPS for 20% of the purchase price. I had to pay before it would be delivered. So I figured it would be the Same for Canada.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 3 2009, 08:59 PM) *

George Hussey has most of it on the shelf at "Auto Atlanta"

This is a pic that George put together in his shop to show what he has in stock.

Rich

wow what a beautiful picture
underthetire
Blame Canada !

DR914, it is a nice picture. Just keep going and we could just build new 914's !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.