Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fs/tr 1972 914 *** Sold *** thank you 914 world ***
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
iowamechanic
piratenanner.gif [size=7]NEW PRICE 1500.00 AND I WILL DELIVER UP TO 100 MILES

i bought this car thinking i must have found the diamond in the rough but now realize i am probably in a little to deep as i just don't the funds to invest to get it back on the street
1972 914 4 1.7l fuel injected
100,433 miles
chrome gold and black, paint is in pretty good condition, a few spots of rust, i have pictures of all and will gladly email to anyone interested
the interior is in good shape only 2 cracks in the top of dash
seats are fair and carpet is ok
the trunks look brand new
the engine: intact and turns over, no spark i was told all it needed was a fuel pump but the wire connetor for the fuel pump relay block is broken and unattached so i don't know if will run or not
call me for more info 515-681-9964 central time the car is located in central iowa or email service.manager@live.com i wold like to sell for the $2500.00 (THAT WAS WHAT I PAID BUT WILL TAKE A $1000.00 hit) paid for it or would be open to any trade for a running drivable vehicle
as i said i have lots of pictures and can take more if you want me too
thanks bob
well i tried to ad another pic or 2 but not sure what i am doing wrong i will send anyone the pics i have through email glady just ask service.manager@live.com
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
iowamechanic
new here of of course but courious why so many lookers but no questions or replies? bob
PeeGreen 914
With as many members that we have here and active posters I am sure it is just curious members. Plus, many of the guys on here will check in and see what is for sale though they may not be interested in buying. Never know when you may come along someone who is wink.gif

Looks like a nice car. beerchug.gif
tat2dphreak
72 with 74 bumpers wink.gif

I know I always peek even though I know I'm not buying another car. but some hell-hole pics and any rust is always good to know about for a potential buyer.

Ferg
agree.gif also, post a pic of the trunk stripe, with the lid closed, looks neat.

Ferg
iowamechanic
okay so now i am feeling as though i was mislead by the previous owner
if the bumpers are from a 74 where is the wing from i have looked at several pictures of other 914's and have not seen the wing, (just an aftermarket ad on?)
as i said before, what do want to see pictures of, i will gladly ad them i have nothing to hide and only want to get out of this ride where i got in at
tat2dphreak
what is the VIN? if it starts off as 472 it's a 72. 474 is a 74...

for purposes of sales, a 74 is more desiarable, as it would have the side-shifter, among other little differences.

the engine code would determine if it's actually a 1.7(74 didn't have 1.7s)

the "wing" is a common aftermarket addon.

early bumpers had no tits.
iowamechanic
the vin # is 4722906756
can you break it down for me
thanks bob

i think it is a side shifter the rod comes back along the left side of tranmission
Gint
Many of our members look at every 914 for sale ad that comes along. You'll gets lots of views.

As a site admin I read every for sale ad that gets posted. I often fix format issues with a members advertisement (and did so with yours bye1.gif).

Good luck with the sale. Love Inca Gold i f in fact that's what the color is. But I'm not in the market.
underthetire
My '73 has front tits, no rear tits. So maybe a 73 bumper?
Gint
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 4 2009, 05:16 PM) *

Could be. 73 only had tits in the front. 74 went to tits front and rear.
Barry Brisco
Gint, is "Inca Gold" a factory 914 color? I see no mention of it in Brett Johnson's book for any 914 production year. Just curious, as I've never heard of a color by that name.

Thanks,

Barry Brisco

QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 4 2009, 05:13 PM) *

Good luck with the sale. Love Inca Gold i f in fact that's what the color is.

underthetire
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 4 2009, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 4 2009, 05:16 PM) *

Nope. 73 only had tits in the front. 74 went to tits front and rear.

Isn't that what I said? I don't see any rear tits in that picture. confused24.gif
Gint
Modified my post. Short attention span syndrome and poor speed reading skill. smile.gif

AS for the Inca GOld, I've heard it referred to but I've not seen it on any of the color charts. But it's different than the 71/72 Metallic Gold L97G Could have been a special order color.
RJMII
QUOTE(iowamechanic @ Nov 4 2009, 04:38 PM) *

the vin # is 4722906756
can you break it down for me
thanks bob

i think it is a side shifter the rod comes back along the left side of tranmission

Does it go all the way back, or does it stop short right after the axle?

472 = a 72; and it seems that the PO has done some work to it.

Hellhole picture? (hell hole = area under the battery tray)

How are the jack points?

(I'm not in the market either, but those questions are common ones that should really help with your sale if the 'right' person comes along)

oh yeah, welcome.png

are you still needing help with pictures? know how to resize them?
iowamechanic
ok as for the TITS it has hem on the front and the rear both bumpers are chrome w/ black tits and the bumpers are not rusted

the side shifter goes all the way to the back of the trans, there are #'s stamped into the bottom casting of the trans if this helps 914 / 11HA0036354

under the battery tray looks solid from the top i have not pulled the 2 bolts out to inspect yet
the frame rails where the engine cradle rests or right in front of the rear tires is rusted on the bottom but the rest of the channel is solid the right side is a little worse than the left
the jack points are solid and by looking forward from the rear tires behind the rockers there doesnt appear to be much rust here at all
if anyone wants to make me an offer for this car i would appreciate it or if you think i am asking too much please tell me so i can figure out how much loss i am going to hacve to take

also as i said before it is not currently running and i am sure it would be an easier sell if it was so i am asking for help with the wiring, i have diagrams (factory) but they are hard to figure out so if i explain what my wire colors in the harness going to the relay block from the engne side will someone help figure out which pins they plug into
thanks for all your help bob
tat2dphreak
if the shift rod comes all the way to the end of the transmission, then it is likely a tail shifter... a side shifter will have a hole in the engine bar for the shift rod to go through, it will also have a single coupler just after the firewall, the tailshifter will make a right turn after the firewall, and have a second ball mounted to the firewall to align the shift rod properly. the side shifter will also have a black plastic cover on the side of the transmission that the shift rod goes into. this is also near the end of the transmission, so it can be confusing...

I thought the 73 front tits were smaller and closer to the center than the 74, which is why I thought these were '74 bumpers.

iowamechanic
more helpful info
on the door jam i found the tag with the chassis # & the paint code
chassis 4949570
paint code L97G

as for the trans: 2 rods come through the firewall. 1 w/ a ball attaches to the other, the other comes straight back under the engine attaches to the side of the trans were it rests in a u-shape linkage?
tat2dphreak
tail shifter... correct for '72. they swapped to the side-shifter in 73..

at this point I would poke around under the battery a little to see if the rust got in there. check the suspension ear area for cracks and rust.

if it's a solid car, then it could be a good project at a good price. you could post more pics if you want more info and opinions, we'll be honest with you. like I said, I'm not in the market, but I always like to see the cars get to the people that will get them on the road biggrin.gif
iowamechanic
i would like to post more pics but the system administrator won't allow me to i will gladly email direct though if anyone asks
Gint
No one is stopping you form posting more pics. In fact you're more than welcome to do so.

Have a look at this:

FAQ Forum thread - Adding Pictures to Your Post - link
jprisbe
I might be interested but need you to send me lots of pictures before I'll make a trip to IA.
iamchappy
I may have some interest also, i have been considering another project and your
not to far away.
iamchappy
Bob i wish i could give you some promising news about what i can ascertain from your pictures, but your car is considered a parts car, you would be hard pressed to find some one willing to restore it. sad.gif

You should consider parting it out, the rims to start with are very nice.

Good luck....
iowamechanic
some one please just make me an offer on the whole thing so i can cut my losses and get on with my life i promise i'll stick to small block chevy's from now on
bob
iowamechanic
ok so am i out of line by asking $1500.00 for the whole thin sitting doing some figuring against what i see parts selling for on ebay and it's got to be worth that
iowamechanic
piratenanner.gif
Well it sold Idelivered it on Sunday to Il. meeting a guy from here coming from points east.
Like so many before me I have learned alot from everyone on this site and it was all appreciated very much. KUDOS to everyone that had input, questions and emails.
We may never meet again, I will certainly think twice before investing in another Porsche, but all is not lost this is a great site. good luck to all of you and thanks again.
Bob drunk.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif
mueba.gif 287.gif

P.S. all the money is gone
tat2dphreak
I will certainly think twice before investing in another Porsche

don't feel bad, my first one was falling apart, I had no clue. by that time tho, the rust was in my veins, and I had to have another biggrin.gif you'll be back smile.gif

next time tho, remember we wil be HAPPY to help you find one that you will be much happier with!
JazonJJordan
agree.gif beerchug.gif agree.gif We will keep the beer cold and keep it company until you come around...again biggrin.gif
iamchappy
Bob i am so glad you found a buyer, in these times even a real nice car for a bargain price is hard to sell.
Stay away from the 944's, i hope a nice 914 comes your way again so you will understand why we are all so devoted to them. If your ever up in the cities come get a
ride in mine.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.