Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gawd I want to build one of these
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gigamight
ebay link

Of course, I suppose I could just buy an Alfa Romeo Spyder.

But seriously, except for the stupid thing on the front hood, I love this customization. Are these kits available ya think? I even like the indent behind the handles.
tat2dphreak
I like biggrin.gif

the 76 bumpers seem to really lengthen it, making it look even more flat biggrin.gif very nice... and a -6 to boot!
Gigamight
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 4 2009, 10:34 AM) *

I like biggrin.gif

the 76 bumpers seem to really lengthen it, making it look even more flat biggrin.gif very nice... and a -6 to boot!

Good point. This is one instance that the chrome bumpers would probably ruin the look of the whole car.
tat2dphreak
Good point. This is one instance that the chrome bumpers would probably ruin the look of the whole car.

agree.gif

it really looks like a nice car... only thing I worry about on the 'vert conversion is the heat... but he vented the rear just past the engine, and put small air scoops on the side... and it all looks very well done.
zymurgist
The battery is in the same location as on Babydoll! wink.gif
Rod
Am I wrong in absolutely loving that?

My only query would be cooling and noise from the engine behind you?

Another thing I love is the speaker delete and the carpet in its place.

I wonder if those extended door handle scoops actually feed the six hungry carbs? If so I bet the sound with your ear up next to them is sublime!!!

I'm really tempted to come to the USA on Holiday and check it out...
zymurgist
QUOTE(Rod @ Nov 4 2009, 11:27 AM) *

Am I wrong in absolutely loving that?

Not at all. I like it too. IMO somebody finally figured out what to do with late bumpers.
flipb
I like it a lot, but the side vents are very 80's styling. Someone needs to photoshop up what they might look like if we designed this today. Maybe something low-mounted like the original Boxster concept car.
Rod
QUOTE(flipb @ Nov 4 2009, 04:35 PM) *

I like it a lot, but the side vents are very 80's styling. Someone needs to photoshop up what they might look like if we designed this today. Maybe something low-mounted like the original Boxster concept car.

I'll do this later. I'll put Chrome bumpers on too, I actually reckon it will look better with them on - more of a go-cart look.

Hold on an idea - I'll do this too.... Wide arches, modern 911 Turbo rims. FG bumpers, I can't remember which sort I like the best, but I think they would really suit it..

Right, where's that extra garage space to store it...
Bruce Hinds
That is a great looking Car! I've loved the concept ever since I first saw it more than 15(?) years ago. I've often wondered about the 4" lower roof line. With the top being curved and perhaps thinner, do you still lose 4" head room. I'm 6'3" so that would be critical.
carr914
More info from yesteryear

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
andys
I like the way the turn signal pods have been angled back then rounded off; really helps modernize the car in a very subtle but effective way.

Andys
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(andys @ Nov 4 2009, 01:07 PM) *

I like the way the turn signal pods have been angled back then rounded off; really helps modernize the car in a very subtle but effective way.

Andys

Wow, I didn't even notice that!
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Nov 4 2009, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(andys @ Nov 4 2009, 01:07 PM) *

Andys

Wow, I didn't even notice that!

agree.gif

don't feel bad, I didn't either...
I noticed the windshield but not the turn signals.... wonder how hard that is? idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rod @ Nov 4 2009, 08:27 AM) *

That, plus the lack of rollover protection and the lack of headrests.

A friend of mine died in a minor accident. He was driving a car without headrests.
No injuries other than a broken neck ...

shades.gif Andy
Elliot Cannon
I think this is the car that sold at auction in Paso Robles last year. It sold for $4200. It was a no reserve auction and I didn't get registered in time to bid on it. It will be interesting to see what it sells for.
Cheers, Elliot
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 4 2009, 02:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Rod @ Nov 4 2009, 08:27 AM) *

That, plus the lack of rollover protection and the lack of headrests.

A friend of mine died in a minor accident. He was driving a car without headrests.
No injuries other than a broken neck ...

shades.gif Andy

agree.gif If the car where mine the first thing I would do is install a roll bar and head rests.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 4 2009, 01:55 PM) *

agree.gif If the car where mine the first thing I would do is install a roll bar and head rests.

... and the targa bar, the stock bits, etc etc. Wait a sec... yeah the styling doesn't do it for me. If you want a Fiat, just buy a Fiat. tongue.gif Been there, done that.
Rod
Ok SirAndys post and the recent rollbar thread has just totally put me off it..

I'll stick to my LS6 Wide arched, hard top, Cup alloy motor :0
MDG
It pretty cool and I like the turn signal treatment. I'm with Andy though.

Still like Dana's idea better . . .

Click to view attachment
JRust
QUOTE(MDG @ Nov 4 2009, 03:29 PM) *

It pretty cool and I like the turn signal treatment. I'm with Andy though.

Still like Dana's idea better . . .

Click to view attachment

Damn Anklebiter is looking good! Love that car drooley.gif

I like the look of this car too. Yeah I would want some kind of roll bar added. They did a good job doing the conversion though. Or at least it looks that way in the pics idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.