Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Type 4 shipping costs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal44
Have any of you fine folks shipped a Type four engine across country? If so, could you throw out a price for shipping so that I can have an idea. Also recommendations of freight companies.
Mike
tat2dphreak
IIRC I used Fedex freight, from Michigan to Dallas it was about 200, but that was a few years ago. if it's door to door it's a lot more.
jsayre914
i shipped a type 4 on a pallet with heats and exhaust and mount bar from the west right to my door in baltimore md for 300 bucks. freight 88, guys name was shanon
beerchug.gif

736conver
forwardair is pretty cheap. Its terminal to terminal though.
charliew
Terminal to terminal is the cheapest for me. It seems to be about 100.00 for a 100 lbs or 200.00 for 200lbs. If it is a larger pallet than the standard there is a extra charge for the size. I got a jhots tt suby motor and tranny with all the harness and accessories and the freight company said it was 800lbs. I didn't weigh it but it was on a 4x6 pallet and it came from the so east to temple TX. and cost 300.00.

My ups lady weighs about 90 lbs and she has delivered several 100 lb suby short blocks to me to the back door for about 100.00. It's a little wierd as out of three or four none of them weighed the same. One was 90 another was 104 and another was 110. It must have been the foot on the scale when it was weighed.
patrick3000
Freight Click https://www.freightclick.com/Default.aspx

IPB Image

CA to MD August 09 $295.00
dlo914
Roadway Express $200 from Bellingham, WA to Los Angeles, CA. Terminal to Terminal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.