Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: relocate battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
any one have a how to? relocate the battery.
URY914
I put mine in the rear trunk ina plastic battery box from WalMart
oldschool
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 4 2009, 08:03 PM) *

I put mine in the rear trunk ina plastic battery box from WalMart

any photos?
Elliot Cannon
I put mine in the front trunk for weight distribution.
Elliot Cannon
I ran a heavy gauge cable (2 gauge I think) through the engine compartment, along the side of the car inside the rocker panel through the wheel well to the battery. You can run a short ground cable just about anywhere you want in the trunk. I grounded mine to a bolt on the battery mount. You can buy nice aluminum battery mounts for about $90. smile.gif I made my own and when I finished the materiels cost (ahem) $90. sad.gif

Cheers, Elliot
oldschool
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 4 2009, 09:54 PM) *

I ran a heavy gauge cable (2 gauge I think) through the engine compartment, along the side of the car inside the rocker panel through the wheel well to the battery. You can run a short ground cable just about anywhere you want in the trunk. I grounded mine to a bolt on the battery mount. You can buy nice aluminum battery mounts for about $90. smile.gif I made my own and when I finished the materiels cost (ahem) $90. sad.gif

Cheers, Elliot

very nice, sorry but the reason I'm asking is that my 914 needs some hell hole work so I want to temp. move the battery to maybe the rear ?
ahdoman
Here's mine relocated to the rear trunk. I welded in the top part of the stock battery tray so I could use the stock mounts.

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Nov 4 2009, 11:04 PM) *

Here's mine relocated to the rear trunk. I welded in the top part of the stock battery tray so I could use the stock mounts.

Click to view attachment

Nice installation. pray.gif Wwwwrrrrrooong location!! lol-2.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 4 2009, 09:42 PM) *

Elliot what the hose like thingies?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(oldschool @ Nov 4 2009, 11:48 PM) *

Elliot what the hose like thingies?

Plumbing for the ice water air conditioner. It's a work in progress.
underthetire
I put mine in the trunk temporarily till I do my hell hole. I can take pics tonight how I did it and left the factory stuff in place so I can put it back. Will cost about 30 bucks all said and done.
oldschool
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 5 2009, 11:12 AM) *

I put mine in the trunk temporarily till I do my hell hole. I can take pics tonight how I did it and left the factory stuff in place so I can put it back. Will cost about 30 bucks all said and done.

thanks man
iamchappy
Mine went in the rear trunk along with some other things...
underthetire
I reallllly embarased by the work i did doing the battery, but like I said it is a temporary fix for me. Girlfriend has my good Cannon camera, so I had to make a cheesball crappy video. One edit: only one + lead goes to the harness, the other is the stock one that goes to the starter.

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/un...ent=battery.flv

Oh, and autozone was half the price of Kragens for the tray and cables.
oldschool
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 5 2009, 05:54 PM) *

I reallllly embarased by the work i did doing the battery, but like I said it is a temporary fix for me. Girlfriend has my good Cannon camera, so I had to make a cheesball crappy video. One edit: only one + lead goes to the harness, the other is the stock one that goes to the starter.

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/un...ent=battery.flv

Oh, and autozone was half the price of Kragens for the tray and cables.

very helpful man,thanks again.
patssle

Bit off topic, but what type of spare tire is that?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 5 2009, 07:14 PM) *

Bit off topic, but what type of spare tire is that?

A collapsable spare from a late model something-or-other Porsche. I don't remember which year of model. It fits. I use a small SCUBA pony bottle with the first stage of a SCUBA regulator to air it up, or just let the AAA do it like I did last time. lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.