Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You wont believe what happend to my 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
IT STARTED
smilie_pokal.gif

I checked the cv last night and found the circlip laying in the transmission cup. biggrin.gif pushed it back togeather carefully, and used my brand new pair of ring compressors and snapped it back on there. packed it tightend it, and aktion035.gif

i adjusted the valves this morning, hung the exhaust, and ..... my car flys. i took it to work today, and when i get home i will change the oil again. probably will recheck the valves in the morning again. This would be the first engine i ever built (half built). thanks to mike zach and all my worldly friends

it really feels good to drive what you built piratenanner.gif

now my dd is back on the road, the mercedes will sit in the garage for a while.
PeeGreen 914
Nice.

I too have a CV that I have to fix. The difference is I broke bolts happy11.gif .

So a tip to those that are interested. If you want to do something different on the CV bolts to make sure they stay tight you can go buy some that are 10mm longer and use a nylock nut to secure them.

I learned this on Sunday from a big shot who does these sort of things on very expensive cars aktion035.gif

Even gave me the name of a good supplier for the bolts.

I think I will even saftey wire them as well. A little over done but why not?
underthetire
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 5 2009, 11:03 AM) *

Nice.

I too have a CV that I have to fix. The difference is I broke bolts happy11.gif .

So a tip to those that are interested. If you want to do something different on the CV bolts to make sure they stay tight you can go buy some that are 10mm longer and use a nylock nut to secure them.

I learned this on Sunday from a big shot who does these sort of things on very expensive cars aktion035.gif

Got my new bolts from the hardware store! My local Orchard Supply had socket head cap screws in the correct length. The stock bolts were labeled 12.9 grade same as the socket heads. And no more funny star socket ! BTW I red loctite mine in.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 5 2009, 11:15 AM) *

Nice.

Got my new bolts from the hardware store! My local Orchard Supply had socket head cap screws in the correct length. The stock bolts were labeled 12.9 grade same as the socket heads. And no more funny star socket ! BTW I red loctite mine in.

I wouldn't personally suggest doing that really. I have had these bolts stuck in the flange without the locktight in there and I sure wouldn't want to have to deal with the added pain from that.

Just my personal opinion from having taking many axles apart.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Nov 5 2009, 10:38 AM) *

You wont believe what happend to my 914

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 5 2009, 11:21 AM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 5 2009, 11:15 AM) *

Nice.

I wouldn't personally suggest doing that really. I have had these bolts stuck in the flange without the locktight in there and I sure wouldn't want to have to deal with the added pain from that.

Just my personal opinion from having taking many axles apart.

Heat=easy removal of loctite. I've had them out once since i did it, no problem, but I agree loctite can be very headbang.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 5 2009, 02:25 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Nov 5 2009, 10:38 AM) *

You wont believe what happend to my 914

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I was so excited this morning to get her started, i backed out of the garage before i noticed the valve covers laying in the garage blink.gif i slapped them on real quick and jetted out of the house forgetting my cell phone (camera) blink.gif

but i drove really really fast biggrin.gif driving.gif

pics will have to wait till tommorow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.