Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any NW guys have a solid shell they want to get rid of?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
PeeGreen 914
I will tell more about it as I go along but for now, since I can't spend any money yet, I am just looking for a strong shell to get started on. If anyone has, or knows of, a good shell let me know. It doest not need to have anything as everything going in this car will be race stuff.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 5 2009, 11:05 AM) *

I will tell more about it as I go along but for now, since I can't spend any money yet, I am just looking for a strong shell to get started on. If anyone has, or knows of, a good shell let me know. It doest not need to have anything as everything going in this car will be race stuff.

Oh oh oh!!! I know someone who will want your wife after she leaves you Jon! lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Solo914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 5 2009, 12:47 PM) *

Oh oh oh!!! I know someone who will want your wife after she leaves you Jon! lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif

Haha.. hmm. G Prepared car? I saw this one the other day.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/bar/1441648166.html

no affiliation ofcourse.

Kyle
tradisrad
I've got a roller in the SF Bay Area. I can't give it away (told the wife I would get some $$ for it). It does have some rust issues in the bottoms of the longs, and cross member under the pass seat, a few small holes in the pass floor, but it's not real bad. The hell hole has been repaired. I Imagine I am too far away from you. here is a pic of the car when I it was my driver. It has steel wheels on it now. No drive train. I'd like to see $500 for it, but am open to offers. Current tags and clean title!
IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Nov 5 2009, 02:29 PM) *

I'd like to see $500 for it

Did you call John at EASY ??? idea.gif
PeeGreen 914
Maybe if I can't find something up here. I can't spend anything right now until I get some people paid that I owe... and really want to pay. I just started my new job and it looks like it is going to work out perfect.

Yes Kyle,

I am planning on building a car for the 2011 NT
Eddie914
Beg my pardon ... but what is "the 2011 NT"?

Eddie
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Nov 5 2009, 02:50 PM) *

Eddie

National tour. I am planning on building a 914 that will WIN. aktion035.gif

They just allowed the 914 in this class and if built right it will dominate. Fordahl said he would be happy to give me the guidance in building it right if I would like to do this.

I have a sponsor that is willing to cough up some of the money I will need and my new job will help. I have a little over a year to build the car. Very doable if you ask me.
914werke
UGMO?
Solo914

Very cool driving.gif I hear that someone else is building a GP 914 too(not sure on the details though). I think it is very cool that the new Limited prep rules are spawning more interest into 914s for SCCA use.

Of course you are going to have to beat my GP car smile.gif

Then again.. maybe not, that would mean I would have to show up on a regular basis smile.gif

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Jon give me a call 2067551705
reverie
Ugmo is a great idea. smile.gif

I don't know if Korijo still has a bare shell in his garage..
c12croft

Hey,
How can I morph myself into wub.gif being you?
tradisrad
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 5 2009, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Nov 5 2009, 02:29 PM) *

I'd like to see $500 for it

Did you call John at EASY ??? idea.gif

I've never dealt with EASY, does he buy cars/rollers? I'm not really sure what the car is worth. It was the donor to my "new" 914. The car is a '73 and HAD factory front and rear sway bars.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(c12croft @ Nov 5 2009, 05:10 PM) *

Hey,
How can I morph myself into wub.gif being you?

You have to be one sick puppy and have an awesome wife smile.gif
6freak
whats wrong with the little whore....you broke CV bolts at AX ?? WTF did you not tighten them proper..................call Mark Brown i think he still has that racer body
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Nov 6 2009, 09:35 AM) *

whats wrong with the little whore....you broke CV bolts at AX ?? WTF did you not tighten them proper..................call Mark Brown i think he still has that racer body

They were tight... It would seem as though they just don't like to stay tight. Never had that problem before so I am going to do something else to fix this so it isn't an issue again.

Mark just may have what I am looking for. Rich said something about Ugmo. I may need to find out about that. Then again, there are a few others that have given me ideas on other cars as well. I have a few good options but I am still in the very early stages. You guys now how quickly I can work if I have to and I want to have this ready for 2011. I have never gone to the big event and I feel with this car I just may have a good chance.
Porscheman912
I have a stripped 1776 2.0 car. The car had the front cut where the spare goes, and a square hole that someone cut in the firewall between the seats. I will have to go to where I have it and get pictures if you are interested. I am close to Portland, OR.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 5 2009, 02:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Nov 5 2009, 02:50 PM) *

Eddie

National tour. I am planning on building a 914 that will WIN. aktion035.gif

They just allowed the 914 in this class and if built right it will dominate. Fordahl said he would be happy to give me the guidance in building it right if I would like to do this.

Are there newer rules out than the 2009 GCR? The 2009 G Prepared rules specify 41x34 valves, which is a 1.8 head. Also says .420" max valve lift, and I am not aware of any cams that meet that other than the stock cam... Am I missing something?
porsha916
Hi,
I have a three 914's stored in Everson, WA., I would like to sell two of cars one was building into an lightweight autocross car - solid chassis - I would take some work to make it street car! The other car was a driver but it needs work! I would make you a good deal on all the rest parts/cars!!!!!(The red car / blue chassis I want to keep!)
Take care
Bill
bam914
It will be interesting to see how it does. There will be some very stiff competition out here on the east coast. One being my friends car. It is going to be pretty cool class.

I am converting my ITB 914 to an H prod car this winter. So it will be interesting to see what kind of power it will make. I am hoping for over 150 at the crank. It is going to need it.

This car will make about the same power and weighs 300# less then the 914. It finished 3rd this year at Nats and was a converted CSP car with weight removal and slicks. The engine is being upgraded this winter.
Click to view attachment
dinomium
poor ugmo
cwleveck
I've got 4 cars in different stages of completion. I have been thinking about doing something too but can't seem to find a partner in crime. Any interest in a partner? I have a 12,000 square foot shop with tools, spares, etc., etc.
Let me know. You can send me an email at cwleveck@hotmail.com.
Any other interested parties looking to build a track car, or whatever, that are in the area (salem, or) feel free to contact me with ideas.
J P Stein
The good news....ideas are free.
The bad news.....building a winning race car (there are no short cuts to the pointy end of the field) is gonna cost 2-3 times what you think....and take twice as long.

Good luck, Jon.

Edit:
Just perused the rules. Blake is right. It's a Honda class. You wanna fight that, bring a boat load of money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.