Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ya meet a 911 guy at a gas station
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krk
Folks,

I picked up my SO from school the other night and had to pick up gas on the way home -- can't trust the gas gauge yet, it's only been running a week -- and while at the pumps a 911 pulls up on the other side. As I click the pump off, I hear "is that a factory 6?" -- I turn, and we chat -- he's seen my car before as he lives down in my area -- the car has only been back on the road (after a 8 mth hiatus) for a week -- oh, and keep in mind, I'm pissed at it right now, so when I notice it, it ain't all that kind.

But anyway, we chat a bit. His is a silver targa with a duck tail (I do have a thing for the early 911 look). As we drive out, my SO says (to him) "we should trade!" (she doesn't exactly love my 914 and she has definitely hear way too much of my whining about it) and he says "you'd be making a big mistake -- that car is a keeper."

Well well well. That day ended well. I'll get this sucker figured out yet! laugh.gif

kim.
3d914
kim,

Do I know how you feel. I've had my 74/2.0 (4cyl) for several years now, and I know almost 10-11 mos of that was spent apart in my garage on several occassions. My wife thinks its cursed. She may be right, but I just can't get over the thrill of being behind the wheel!

Enjoy! driving.gif
96conv
Dude was right. You'd be making a mistake getting rid of your 914. I'm looking for a way right now to get a 914 on my driveway but I don't want to sell my 911 and funds are allocated for a new fence and garage door. Anyone with a super clean 914 and cash want to trade for a super clean 911 SC Targa?
TROJANMAN
what's the year and mileage on the targa?
96conv
1979 911SC Targa w/130K miles. Original everything including Blau radio. Does have new tires, fuel pump and smog pump. I apologize for hijacking this thread.
krk
QUOTE(96conv @ Mar 18 2004, 04:41 PM)
I apologize for hijacking this thread.

lol -- and it was such a high value thread to begin with! laugh.gif

On another note, I saw an orange 914 parked at the Pruneyard at lunch -- you know who you are -- there was no room close for me to park mine.

And yesterday, I was southbound on Meridian, and it looked like someone in a small sport Ute gave a thumbs up above their roof line -- I'm sure it was meant for me. mueba.gif

Man, I love when spring hits this area -- all the roofs are off and driving is fun!

kim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.