Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus T4 block in 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie Brown
Hello everyone. New here on this board. I have a quick question.

I already have a 2258 short block that was intented for a T4 beetle conversion that I'd like to throw into my my 74 914. It doesn't have the dipstick in the stock 914 location, but I have the dipstick in the oil filler tube. It's the oil filler from CSP (DE). Will I have any problems with clearance around the engine mount bar?

Thanks,

Eddie.
Mark Henry
It should be fine, the engine bar is pretty well under the engine.
Might not be long enough to clear the top of the stock type 4 914 engine tin though....

Only one way to find out isn't there...going to let a dipstick stop ya?

Oh ya!
welcome.png
wertygrog
I just made a block-off plate for the oil filler on the case, and drilled a hole for the dipstick, then jb-welded a tube for the dipstick to ride in. Works great and looks better than the bus setup!
ME733
popcorn[1].gif DO NOT ASSUME the dipstick full mark (scribed on stick) will be accurate, because it won't be...solution.....drain engine of oil, refill with the volume(qts of oil in specifications..4qts + or -....observe oil level on dipstick, and RESCRIBE the mark, and grind off the old mark....now you will have an appropiate full load of oil, and not be low/or too high......consider popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.