Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid DMV Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jenny
Alright, my registration is due for my 914 on the 18th of this month. I just opened up my check book to pay it when I noticed the license number is different than what I have. I got personalized plates a couple months back. The menapausal woman at "DMV headquarters" told me I've got two of them (not really specific as to what exactly I have two of. I can only guess two tags for 1 car) there is nothing they can do, and I need to phisically walk into my DMV to straighten this out. I even asked if I can just pay it and she said no. The office I need to go to doesn't have an appt until the 22nd. I told her she's been extremely unhelpful, thanked her, and promptly hung up. I don't really want to stand in the no-appointment line for 2 hours for a mistake DMV made. Any suggestions?? ar15.gif
Mueller
get a AAA membership smile.gif

You can be up a month expired on your tags before the cops start to harrass you.....

Good luck........
Mueller
I heard today from a fellow lister that registered his new '74 at AAA this morning that AAA did not want to see any Smog cert's but supposedly the DMV is asking for proof of smog if you are trying to register a Non-op'd '74....thier reasoning is that one could have Non-Op'ed thier car on purpose to try and skirt the smog laws....so for those that are thinking of doing the same with a '75 or '76, you might want to change your mind
(or get AAA)
JeffBowlsby
Make the appt for the 22nd Jenny. DMV gives you a 10 day grace period without fines, and with an appointment you are outtathere in just a few minutes.

I feel so young being a Noobie again...
dgw
AAA has some real advantages. I went there to register a car that needed a smog. The car was out of state and the engine was being rebuilt. I wanted to pay the registration to avoid the late fees, and do the smog when I got the car back. I guess they didn't know what to do because they just gave me the tags. This year when the registration notice came again, it said I needed a smog. I had the car so I did it. Seems to have worked fine.
r_towle
any luck yet?
Cap'n Krusty
Contrary to what Jeff told you, the California DMV HAS NO GRACE PERIOD. Period.

There's a penalty, although it's not a whole lot for the first 10 days. After a month, it nearly doubles the registration fees. Ask me how I know .......

The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
Good trolling, r_towle! You at least got the Cap'n to bite on an eight-year-old thread...

--DD
montoya 73 2.0
lol-2.gif
detoxcowboy
go first in the a.m.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.