Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question in advance of our next call. This post is about the build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
rick 918-S
I was sitting here thinking about the launch of the fund raiser and the call out for 914 guys and gals to assist in the final build of Buttercup.

I'm not sure if we have discussed this yet, but I was thinking we may need more than just mechanics.

There may be the need for food and beverage people. People have to eat. I we had someong in charge of meals and snacks we could just keep working. We may have someone with skills in this area will to step up.

There may be the need for someone that has a parts contact to be available to ship parts overnight if we discover something we need to finish. This could truely become a world event with everyone involved either as a on-site participate or a support person in another part of the country.

We will need someone that has overnight shipping skills.

Anything else?
EdwardBlume
I already asked Donald (Hot_shoe914) about shipping wheels from San Diego to Kansas. He hasn't gotten back to me yet. He works for CFL but I think he only gets the family rate on stuff for himself.
Kansas 914
I know that Mary has already offered to feed the group. There is a chance we can use the maintenance hangar at the airport - it has radiant heat and a kitchen (oh yeah and bathrooms - inside joke) where Mary said she could cook.

The car cannot stay there (there is a rule about wrenching on cars at the airport) but for a weekend it should be okay. But would have to be out of there Sunday evening as the shop does aircraft work during the week.

There is another option for a heated facility that Mary can check out if need be - but we won't freeze and it can be cold in February in Kansas.
rick 918-S
I agree we need bathrooms and good heat. I think we had discussed a pot-o-potty if need be.

My thought is, if we can stay at the body shop we may be better off. If we need to blast an paint a small part or need air and or tools we would be better to stay there. I will bring a tool set with me and some extra wrenches and stuff so we have extra tools for extra hands.

I would like to see some of the 914 people help with cooking and take some of the heat off Mary doing this by herself. When we put out the word and start the fund raiser this should be part of our volunteer request.

My recent thoughts about getting volunteers to Kansas in February will be a challange. So keep in mind if there is anyone within driving distance say 500 miles or so I was thinking we could send a pm to that person during the call out.

We shall see how this goes.

Also, when do you think we should have the event start? I was thinking we may need some early arrivals to organize the work space and group parts. This may help with finding and heading off and part shortages.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 8 2009, 08:16 AM) *

I agree we need bathrooms and good heat. I think we had discussed a pot-o-potty if need be.

The body shop has no real heat and no running water - hence no bathrooms.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Nov 8 2009, 09:12 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 8 2009, 08:16 AM) *

The body shop has no real heat and npo running water - hence no bathrooms.

Oh.... forgot. I should have started a new post. It is an important component to making this work.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 6 2009, 11:56 PM) *

I was sitting here thinking about the launch of the fund raiser and the call out for 914 guys and gals to assist in the final build of Buttercup.

I'm not sure if we have discussed this yet, but I was thinking we may need more than just mechanics.

There may be the need for food and beverage people. People have to eat. I we had someone in charge of meals and snacks we could just keep working. We may have someone with skills in this area will to step up.

There may be the need for someone that has a parts contact to be available to ship parts overnight if we discover something we need to finish. This could truely become a world event with everyone involved either as a on-site participate or a support person in another part of the country.

Anything else?

I totally agree... no matter how much we plan, and gather ahead of time, there will be SOMETHING that when we get there, we'll have to have ASAP. this might be something I can help with. I do not mind scanning all the sites, for a needed part, and calling each place to get the best deal, shipped overnight. I know I've called pelican, zims, paragon, AA and aircooled.net to get parts out the door asap.

or were you thinking more of a vendor that can step up and assure us that we can have a hot-line to them to get out shipments asap?

mechanics, go-fers, food, that definitely gets the basics covered.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 8 2009, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 6 2009, 11:56 PM) *

There may be the need for food and beverage people. People have to eat. I we had someone in charge of meals and snacks we could just keep working. We may have someone with skills in this area will to step up.

Anything else?

I totally agree... no matter how much we plan, and gather ahead of time, there will be SOMETHING that when we get there, we'll have to have ASAP. this might be something I can help with. I do not mind scanning all the sites, for a needed part, and calling each place to get the best deal, shipped overnight. I know I've called pelican, zims, paragon, AA and aircooled.net to get parts out the door asap.

or were you thinking more of a vendor that can step up and assure us that we can have a hot-line to them to get out shipments asap?

mechanics, go-fers, food, that definitely gets the basics covered.

Ya, This is an important job. I like that Wayne. If we need something even bolts from the local flats we will need someone to take charge of either getting the stuff or deligating it out.

Reminds of first aid training class when the instructor was discussing what to do it you come upon a person done and everyone is standing around and looking at them.

Someone needs to be the go to guy.

We will have Ed that will know how things are assembled correctly watching over us. But when we discover we need something we could relay the info to you.

Also we will need someone to keep posting updates and photos on line as the weekend progresses.

Also as we update we could actually post what we need on the forum and have members overnight what we need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.