Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Socalandy
piratenanner.gif Well I placed a few orders for the car and they are coming in aktion035.gif

New set of grills
914Sixer
Looking good !!!!
rick 918-S
That car is going to be nice. I don't care what it looks like now. Did your wife ever warm up to it yet?
Socalandy
more goodies type.gif
Socalandy
NOS euro's

biggrin.gif
Socalandy
And the tresure from what looks to be the last production run by porsche in 2000

aktion035.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
drunk.gif

And more to come!!!
Sleepin
OK....I need to stop drooling, Val is beginning to think I have issues!
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Nov 11 2009, 10:01 AM) *

biggrin.gif

A few years ago, PCA used to send out a coupon for $100 to use at any Porsche dealer. I think that you had to spend at least $300 or $500 to redeem it. I called up Brumos, thinking that they would probably have the best hoard of parts in the country. I picked up one of these, some wheel bearings, and a few other trinkets. I remember ordering about 4 ballcaps to go over the minimum. As I recall, I paid about $200 for the dash, and it hasn't been out of the box to this day. Of course, I have a few stories where I was on the oposite side of the ledger, but those aren't as fun to remember.

Nice scores.
Socalandy
Mr postman delivers another find biggrin.gif so I have all the NOS sail and window trim for her!!
campbellcj
Nice stuff! Finding - and affording - these kinds of parts for a complete & correct restoration gets tougher with each passing year. I've almost convinced myself that I won't undertake another early car build or resto largely for this reason.
carr914
I Love getting in Parts. It feels like everyday is Christmas. santa_smiley.gif

But I have exactly what you need biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
w00t.gif New parts are fun... wish they were mine!
ChicagoPete
OK Now I am really envious. Where did you find the twin bulb euro turn signals in NOS???

Is that a NOS dash pad too, or just a recover?

Peter
Socalandy
I found them here on World wub.gif and the dash is NOS not recovered from Evilbay

Now who was it that sold the sail trim peices to me??? av-943.gif
Socalandy
I recieved my Certificate of Authenticity today and now know my engine case number!!! biggrin.gif

Now for the needle in the hay stack hunt for it. Please keep your eyes peeled!!! Thanks
Cairo94507
Wow! Those are some sweet parts. I particularly like the turn signals and the dash top. Of course I would love to have the windshield and sail panel trim pieces too. I forgot how nice the fog light grills look when new. Hell ... I love it all. Best wishes with the restoration.
carr914
If that is indeed the correct number. COA's for our cars are notorious for being incorrect.

My car # is 673, The COA said my engine # was supposed to be 6404418, but it is actually 6404444

T.C.
Socalandy
Thats not what I want to hear. + or - 20
T H O M A S
what,the older car has a newer #
#673=6404444
#970=6404411
screwy.gif
EdwardBlume
As Borat would say " NICE "...

Where did you get the sail panel trim? I may need a nicer set...
carr914
QUOTE(T H O M A S @ Mar 3 2010, 01:21 AM) *

what,the older car has a newer #
#673=6404444
#970=6404411
screwy.gif

That's why I said the COA's are often incorrect. I ordered a COA (against my own advice) for #1724. It came in wrong on a bunch of things. I called and asked them to correct it. They said they could change a couple of things ( ie; the completion date, based on the Compliance sticker in the door jam), but couldn't change others. So I made a copy of the COA, then sent the original back for a full refund.

On the Carrera RS I had, the COA didn't even state it was a Carrera.

It is a nice piece of paper though, and I think you get a couple extra points in PCA Concours for having it.

T.C.
Socalandy
I was asked to post pictures of what I have to work with. More when it gets moved into the garage. Time to get dirty welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
veltror
Do you want to swap , mine looks to be very similar to yours, right down to the missing rear wings....
carr914
Can I be the 1st to say " That'll Buff Out" biggrin.gif

and Veltror, that looks a lot nicer than what you and I started with.

Go Socalandy Go welder.gif
Sleepin
If anyone has the patience to do it right, it will be Andy! It might take a super buffer, but it will be pristine when it is done!
Socalandy
confused24.gif

Some nice finds today at the Porsche swap meet!!

NOS front window trim, a very clean early rear bumper and to finish weak an engine cover stop.
Socalandy
piratenanner.gif

the quest continues!!!!!! aktion035.gif
markb
Nice finds!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 3 2010, 09:20 PM) *

I was asked to post pictures of what I have to work with. More when it gets moved into the garage. Time to get dirty welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

That car looks familiar!

I'm pretty sure i have seen this one a few years back ...
idea.gif Andy
FourBlades

Are you shooting for as many NOS parts as possible?

Car doesn't look like it has a rusty hell hole, what happened to the rear fenders
and trunk? Do you know the history of the car?

Good luck with it, I'd love a real six needing a resto.

John
Socalandy
Andy.... If the car looks familar then maybe you know more details about it? like where is the original engine case lol-2.gif

Yes, I plan on getting nothing but the best in the way of parts for this resto, Lots of pics and progress after the route 66 run aktion035.gif This is the way the car was when the seller bought it. Glad I have inventory from part cars!!!

finding parts is a fun part of the journey. the hunt continues, tell me what you got that I might need!!!!!
silver74insocal
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=911302
hi Andy,
not your numbers but right in your back yard. good luck and cant wait to see this thread!! beerchug.gif Dave
silver74insocal
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=928347
heres another..hope this helps beerchug.gif Dave
Socalandy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 2 2010, 07:18 PM) *

If that is indeed the correct number. COA's for our cars are notorious for being incorrect.

My car # is 673, The COA said my engine # was supposed to be 6404418, but it is actually 6404444

T.C.

This is the hard part, Not knowing if the info is correct and it being hard to find mad.gif
McMark
Are you adding these parts to the Parts Vault? cool.gif
Socalandy
I can and will, I have alot of NOS parts with the P/N's on them. Maybe add some not aready listed!!! Thanks for telling me since I had'nt thunk of it
McMark
boldblue.gif THANK YOU!!! Lots of pictures would be best (back, underside, etc). The idea is that if someday we need to reproduce or repair something, we have a nice reference to get all the details as correct as possible.
bcheney
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 2 2010, 07:58 PM) *

I recieved my Certificate of Authenticity today and now know my engine case number!!! biggrin.gif

Now for the needle in the hay stack hunt for it. Please keep your eyes peeled!!! Thanks

I have 6404153
Socalandy
Well the fun started today. Moved the car and started to gut it!!
Socalandy
clean off the spider webs......
Socalandy
smash.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
No Hell in this hole!!
Socalandy
chowtime.gif
Socalandy
smile.gif
Socalandy
bye1.gif
Socalandy
cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.