Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coupon man returns new 12/07/09
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
charliew
Fastenal sells a really expensive grinder It is self cleaning or sealed, maybe german made, but you could probably buy 10 hf tools in it's place. If you will be sanding fiberglass i would just get the hf tool because the fg is really abrasive to the inside of the tool. I like makita 4 inch grinders they fit ny hand pretty good but they are more expensive than the bulkier hf tool. I have both and will use the mikita more often than the hf tool.
J P Stein
I have that HF right angle grinder...or sumthin' similar to it. They started out at bout 30 bucks 10ish years back....then $15 bout 5 years back when the old one puked. I work them pretty hard for a few weeks a year, it seems. Keep them oiled and and they're not that bad. Good ones are pricy so I finger I'm ahead of the game.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 9 2009, 07:44 AM) *

I have the little right angle grinder. The thing is really handy. Again, if you work on cars for a living, maybe buy something better, if you need it once in a while....
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common...mp;keycode=0000

No. Please don't stop. I printed one of your reminder links last week and went shopping at HF. Saved about $20... Thanks. biggrin.gif
raw1298
Thanks! getting ready to go to HF today and I need one of those grinders and the bits to go with it. That will work great in the hell hole that I am working on! sawzall-smiley.gif
underthetire
I need to go this week to, so thats why i posted it. I wet sanded my old paint (PO) and need to buff it out now. L80E is not as off white as I thought ! The windsor white from duplicolor is a perfect match though!
Sleepin
I wonder if we should have an "official" coupon thread?

autoanything.com $25 off any purchase over $199 with free shipping (ends 11/11/09):
Enter code ENV9102CC in cart
Dr Evil
I need to go today smile.gif I bought an IR propane heater unit that mounts on top of a 20# tank. Used it last night and am confident that I wont freeze my nuts off this winter smile.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 10 2009, 08:29 AM) *

I need to go today smile.gif I bought an IR propane heater unit that mounts on top of a 20# tank. Used it last night and am confident that I wont freeze my nuts off this winter smile.gif

I had one (ex wife has it now) works great.
strawman
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 10 2009, 09:08 AM) *

I had one (ex wife has it now) works great.

How do you pee now? poke.gif

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...
Todd Enlund
Harbor Freight and more:

http://www.black-friday.net/
Cheapsnake
Keep em coming. I can always use an excuse to got to HF and buy a tool I never thought I'd own (or need). BTW, I bought one of their right angle grinders about 5 years ago to do some body work, figuring for $19.95 it'd be toast by the time I was done. It's going strong today with no signs of quitting.
underthetire
New one
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common...mp;keycode=0000
underthetire
New one (1st post)
nycchef
QUOTE(underthetire @ Dec 7 2009, 09:50 AM) *

New one (1st post)

does HF have internet coupons? the nearest retail store to me is 400 miles away in syracuse
type11969
There is one in Ewing, NJ unless they shut it down in the last month or two. 10 minutes or so from Trenton.
r_towle
Hey SirAndy,

I amy be easy to amuse, but the technology used to make the borchure work is quite cool...the window was the wrong size, but I really like what they did...in concept.

What is it they are doing/using?
(click on the brochure, click on a picture..)

Rich
tod914
Finally went over to the store in Saddle Brook. Man what a selection. Picked up a 500 watt lamp for $30 to use for curing paint on some winter resto parts. Might grab one more and put your coupons to use tongue.gif Unfortunetly no more 1200 watt infrared light available there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.