Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: rAdoM 914 parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
SECHSER
hi guys, i have a few items here that i'd like to get rid of. these are the parts i have left over from my 73 that got t-boned. i have no use for them now so might as well make some space. please take a look,

*rear black bumper w no top in fairly good shape: $40.00 Click to view attachment
*late model smaller glove box soild with no rips or tears: $30.00 Click to view attachment
*hood bra good shape no appeared damage, been folded up but it'll smooth out once installed: $50.00
*bra good same condition as the hood bra w PORSCHE fonts $50.00
*bra similar condition w/o fonts $40.00
*17mm brake master cylinder (brought new installed 3 months before the accident) $100
*driver side triangle glass no chips or cracks $10
*PORSCHE panel in between tail lights, cut from a 911 fair shape with some missing mounting clips in the back but still works (everyone's favor) $30.00 Click to view attachment
*good used starters X 3 tested $ 40.00 each
*good used fuel pump for fuel injection $50.00
*rear brake calipers X 3 $50.00 each
*stock 50mm wheel studs x9 (sorry i can't find that 10th one..) $30.00
*relay board in good condition, all that waxy stuff on the backside is still in good shape $50.00
*odometer reset cable that goes into the speedometer $$20.00
*empi type 4 intake gasket brand new, never been opened (i'd throw it in if you buy $40.00 or more stuff.. )

if you get buy $50.00 or more, could even bring the parts to you if you're locally around the los angeles area. not during rush hours tho.. or possibly trade for parts i might need..
Tom_T
QUOTE(SECHSER @ Nov 10 2009, 08:03 PM) *

*hood bra good shape no appeared damage, been folded up but it'll smooth out once installed: $50.00

Can you post pix of the bras?

I'm looking for the type which hugs the round contours of the fenders behind the turn signals - rather than going across the gap at an angle.

I think I saw pix of your 914 at G&R. Nice flairs! smile.gif

...similar color to the last repaint I did back in 1980 (they called it Anthracite Grey Metallic back then).
SECHSER
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 10 2009, 10:16 PM) *

I'm looking for the type which hugs the round contours of the fenders behind the turn signals - rather than going across the gap at an angle.

...similar color to the last repaint I did back in 1980 (they called it Anthracite Grey Metallic back then).

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=196
577]

hi there, here's the pics of the hood bra and the 2 bras i got. i'm not sure how they fit on the fender behind the turn signals.. but i could perhaps try to take a pic of it on my car as soon as i can. (i have a pretty busy day today..) unless you could tell by looking at them like this.

hey, thanks for the liking. ya i think those flares turned out decent for bondo jobs.. biggrin.gif that's funny you mentioned that. the story i heard is that my car was last painted in the 80's. this could be the anthracite grey metallic.. when i first saw it, it reminded me of the color i've seen on the SC's.. also due to the black out on all the trims too. i'm planning on repainting this car in the future after i fix the flares. those bondo flares are starting to show cracks.. but not so bad for holding up 20+ years after all smile.gif
kconway
You describe that bumper in "fairly good" shape. It looks new to me. Can you describe or photograph problems if any. How the backside look? Rust?

Kev

Tom_T
QUOTE(SECHSER @ Nov 11 2009, 06:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 10 2009, 10:16 PM) *

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=196
577]

hi there, here's the pics of the hood bra and the 2 bras i got. i'm not sure how they fit on the fender behind the turn signals.. but i could perhaps try to take a pic of it on my car as soon as i can. (i have a pretty busy day today..) unless you could tell by looking at them like this.

hey, thanks for the liking. ya i think those flares turned out decent for bondo jobs.. biggrin.gif that's funny you mentioned that. the story i heard is that my car was last painted in the 80's. this could be the anthracite grey metallic.. when i first saw it, it reminded me of the color i've seen on the SC's.. also due to the black out on all the trims too. i'm planning on repainting this car in the future after i fix the flares. those bondo flares are starting to show cracks.. but not so bad for holding up 20+ years after all smile.gif

smile.gif

Yeah, I'll need to see them on a 914 to tell, so when you get a chance do send me pix to my email which I'll PM to you (so you don't have to cut size/quality to fit 500meg limit on these posts). I also need the kind with holes/flaps for the front "titz" on my 73 2L.

In the G&R pix I saw that your flares are much more elegant & don't disrupt the 914's clean lines - than the M471/914-6 GT clunky style, which were really made for the expediency & frugality of racing by Porsche, & not so much as a styling exercise for "regular" buyers. Had they continued developing the 914s into the 80s (instead of switching to the 924), they might have come up with something similar to your flares for the wider tires coming along by then.

The color on mine was based on a color on my buddy's 930/911-Turbo back then. It also had the med. & light hand pinstripes along each fender line in the pic below (can't show full car pix yet cuz it's still stuck in the garage on blocks by wife's & daughter's "extra furniture" where she's been sitting for 24 years).

ANTHRACITE GREY METALLIC REPAINT 5/80 WITH 2-BLUE PINSTRIPES:
Click to view attachment

I'll be going back to the OE Light Ivory L80E in the resto, which I'd never seen since it was already repainted to a tan/gold when I bought it in 12/75 & was my DD until hit in 5/85. Hopefully drivable by next WCR & G&R!
smile.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif
rymann
pm sent
516randy
The PORSCHE panel is stated in fair condition, is that just the missing posts? Does the panel have any cracks or chips? If not I will take it.
SECHSER
QUOTE(516randy @ Nov 11 2009, 12:19 PM) *

The PORSCHE panel is stated in fair condition, is that just the missing posts? Does the panel have any cracks or chips? If not I will take it.

705]Click to view attachment

here's some more clear shots of the panel, please take a look. thanks..
SECHSER
QUOTE(kconway @ Nov 11 2009, 06:56 AM) *

You describe that bumper in "fairly good" shape. It looks new to me. Can you describe or photograph problems if any. How the backside look? Rust?

Kev

hi kev, i took a wire brush to the back side of the bumper, and looks like a pretty minor surface rust. please pm me your email address so i could email you the pics i took..

there are 2 really minor "soft dents" on the outside of the bumper.. you can't really tell till you run your hand over them. the bumper was dirty, so i rattle canned it flat black hoping you could see it a little better.. but i guess the pics didn't turn out so well. so i took some pics with some white tape lines over them, that way you could see how minor the contour changes over those 2 areas. anyways, i only want 40 bucks so it'd be a decent bumper for someone who wants something cheap for now.

thanks, look forward to your email address and hope you'll like it.

cheers,
jACK
SECHSER
ok, i guess there's sumpen i should prolly mention along with my ad.. and that is PLEASE be serious when you inquire information on my ad, or anyone's ad for that matter. which i'd think it's a pretty much of a common sense... but! perhaps there are some "parts kickers" out there and i just have to make sure that i really mention this in my ad to respect ppl's time and energy.

now there are few situations here as i've discover so far: A ) if i don't have the right part that you're looking for, then i'd tell you right off the bat that i'm sorry, i dont' have that part. B ) if we both think that i might have the part that you're looking for, then we will do our best to email back and forth pics on what exactly what you're looking for, and what exactly that i have for sale. then after that, if it turns out that what i have isn't the exact part that you're looking for. then it's cool, we both now know we can't help each other out. but please please please don't be the "parts kicker" and pull the C ) i have what you're looking for, and you like the price and you ask detailed questions about my part, and i spend time from my work to very detailed pics and time to send them to you so you could email me back and say "Thanks for the photos. I think I will pass. Price is right but I have way too many spare parts I'm tripping over now in the garage." AND knowing that my ad clearly mentioned that i'm open for possible trade on parts as well.

OK.. ! so now this is on the open, please please please don't go online and inquire questions on anything if you don't have the intention to purchase anything.
kconway

Kev

Jack
Your a piece of work . lol-2.gif No worries, I'll never be doing business with you anyway so you'll never have me waste your time again. All i asked for was a photo of the backside, if you felt you had to go through the trouble you did, thats your own damn fault. Changing my mind about purchasing your bumper is my prerogative. However; by the email you sent me; you certainly have plenty of time on your hands. Welcome to world of useds part sales...your not special Jack. bootyshake.gif

kevin kevin kevin... myyyyyy mAn!!! i wish you were serious about it when you inquired information on my ad. you requested information on the condition of on the backside of the bumper, so i took my time and planned out how i could express the exact condition of this bumper to you in very detailed pics.. and now you tell me that you will pass cuz you have way too many spare parts...?!

ok, i don't feel like you've wasted my time, cuz it was a good exercise for me to describe my parts that i'm selling online. but i certainly hope you don't waste other ppl's time, cuz they would feel like you've just jerked them around, and prolly won't be exactly nice to you about it either..

btw, i even mentioned clearly on my ad that i'd open for trades as well.

you take care,
jACK
SECHSER
QUOTE(kconway @ Nov 14 2009, 06:37 AM) *

Kev

Jack
Your a piece of work . lol-2.gif No worries, I'll never be doing business with you anyway so you'll never have me waste your time again. All i asked for was a photo of the backside, if you felt you had to go through the trouble you did, thats your own damn fault. Changing my mind about purchasing your bumper is my prerogative. However; by the email you sent me; you certainly have plenty of time on your hands. Welcome to world of useds part sales...your not special Jack. bootyshake.gif

kevin kevin kevin... myyyyyy mAn!!! i wish you were serious about it when you inquired information on my ad. you requested information on the condition of on the backside of the bumper, so i took my time and planned out how i could express the exact condition of this bumper to you in very detailed pics.. and now you tell me that you will pass cuz you have way too many spare parts...?!

ok, i don't feel like you've wasted my time, cuz it was a good exercise for me to describe my parts that i'm selling online. but i certainly hope you don't waste other ppl's time, cuz they would feel like you've just jerked them around, and prolly won't be exactly nice to you about it either..

you take care,
jACK

kevin, i never had the intention to tell the whole world who you are, but i guess you don't mind letting them all know that you jerk ppl around. changing your mind is your prerogative with an excuse of saying that you have way too many spare parts, after you had asked specific questions and requested more details photos, just really indicate that you're a nothing but a jerk. and telling me that im' not special just absolutely immature and obviously don't respect ppl. i mean it's very black and white.. do you ever wonder what ppl around you really think of you.. ?

oh well, you obviously have way too much time on your hands when you ask about parts that you have no intention of buying.. do you realize you're just making your self looking even more like a jerk buddy by posting this reply?? you should have just stay quiet lol-2.gif

SECHSER
btw, don't waste anyone's time window shopping.. buddy!
Tom_T
Hey folks - a good word here for ole Jack.....I inquired about the bras, he sent me plenty of good pix, answered my questions & we both realized that neither was the type for which I'm looking. He was nice, polite & helpful - & we traded info. that neither had before respectively. smile.gif

In the end - no harm no foul! biggrin.gif

I don't know the details of others' exchanges noted above & don't care to, but sometimes things work out & sometimes not.....oh well! confused24.gif

So let's all just keep the "Nicey Nice" here! beerchug.gif
c12croft

Sent pm for rear bumper!
tim case
kconway
QUOTE(SECHSER @ Nov 14 2009, 09:36 AM) *

QUOTE(kconway @ Nov 14 2009, 06:37 AM) *

Kev

Jack

you take care,
jACK

kevin, i never had the intention to tell the whole world who you are, but i guess you don't mind letting them all know that you jerk ppl around. changing your mind is your prerogative with an excuse of saying that you have way too many spare parts, after you had asked specific questions and requested more details photos, just really indicate that you're a nothing but a jerk. and telling me that im' not special just absolutely immature and obviously don't respect ppl. i mean it's very black and white.. do you ever wonder what ppl around you really think of you.. ?

oh well, you obviously have way too much time on your hands when you ask about parts that you have no intention of buying.. do you realize you're just making your self looking even more like a jerk buddy by posting this reply?? you should have just stay quiet lol-2.gif

Yep, your obviously new to buying and selling parts here or anywhere else for that matter. You don't get it, I don't need and excuse to change my mind, I never said I'd buy it. I only asked for more info. I think perhaps you are the one that is a little immature. I figured I'd post your response only so others could see the trantrum you threw and could see what to expect from you should they decide against buying from you. I generally have respect for most people, just not you I guess, but your the type of guy that doesn't deserve my respect anyway. You don't know what my intentions were on this purchase, so don't pretend you do, just go whine to someone who gives a damn. bootyshake.gif
Tom_T
Time to stop guys & recognize water is under the bridge & waaay downstream now! dry.gif
SECHSER
with my experience of buying and selling cars and parts, between 25 years of pomona swap meet and the good old recyclers till now internet online purchase. i've developed a good ethic of knowing better to only ask questions if i'm really interested in what the sellers are selling. for the most part, i take the info that the seller had provided to make my best judgment, also making sure the seller isn't trying to hide anything that i should know as a buyer. but when and if that turns out to be not the part that i'm looking for, i politely thank them and don't make them feel like i've been wasting their valuable time. true, i have moments when i think to myself and say ok, maybe i shouldn't be spending this money and worry about my priorities first.. ok, so i believe this was just a total misunderstanding with kevin. on the same token, i also hope kevin could have the understanding of the seller's perspective. after all, there is only a few chosen ones like us to carry down the 914 torch..

tim, have sent you all the detailed pics i got on the bumper. which described every dents in details with tape lines showing the contour of the dents, plus the surface rust on the back side of the bumper which didn't seem to hard to clean off. i never intended to ship the bumper. however i appreciate your pm, so i will look into the shipping and how to package it on monday.
kconway
Jack-
Peace. I never intended to kick tires, I was genuinely interested in your bumper but decided I didn't need it. I never intended you to waste any of your time or go to the lengths you did to provide photos and I apologize if you think your time was wasted. I would hope you could understand that not everyone is going to appreciate the tact you took in ridiculing a buyer when you didn't close your sale.
Kevin
SECHSER
hey kevin,
peace like wise.. thank you for your note, i accept your apology and appreciate your kind words. you are right, perhaps i had a bad day or just a bit cranky that day. i kinda lost my cool but i never had to intention and i never did post your name, except to sorta vent and asking ppl to be bit serious when they inquire questions about my ad. yes, i was disappointed, but not just because i didn't close the sale (after all it was a lousy 40 bucks! ) it was hard for me not to notice the fact that you didn't even bother for the opportunity for trades, when i had clearly stated that possibility. you just walked away and said you already have too many spare parts.. i knew you had the knowledge of the time and length i took to show you the pics you asked for. i wanted to make sure that we all have the honor and integrity on exactly what i'm selling, and what you would have gotten. or maybe i was also looking forward to deliver these parts to you and 2 other ppl who were potentially interested in the parts, so i could schedule my entire day to bring them to you driving 100 + miles. i thought picking up some beers on the way and make some new friends would have been a pretty good way to spend a day. yes, i admit i was rather disappointed and let down so i jumped online and vented how i felt at the time. i'm sorry for ridiculing you anonymously and put you on the spot.. but you sorta shot your self in the foot back there dude...

kevin, there's no doubt in mine mind that you have a great knowledge on 914's and many other cars. here i am just a lucky owner of a 6 who respects all of your experience and wisdom. i want to learn and enrich my knowledge in my hobby and passion. kevin, i'm happy to say that we could find peace after all, and perhaps we have already met at various events and had great chats and sharing dirty jokes. i sure don't foresee any different if and when that happens again.

once again thanks for your note kevin, with my apology to my reaction.

jACK
Tom_T
As my old Aussie Rugby buds used to say: "Good on ya Mates!" biggrin.gif
the head
Hey may be interested in one of those starters got to see if the motor I have that is missing one is worth getting running first though will PM ya if i need it provided you are willing to ship.
SECHSER
QUOTE(the head @ Nov 16 2009, 06:39 AM) *

Hey may be interested in one of those starters got to see if the motor I have that is missing one is worth getting running first though will PM ya if i need it provided you are willing to ship.

ok coo.. just keep me posted. tho i'm sure you're aware that the starter ain't exactly feather weight... biggrin.gif
SECHSER
non PORSCHE font bra pending.. waiting to be picked up on wed

rear bumper pending..
SECHSER
914 bra with PORSCHE font = SOLD

rear bumper sale is still pending..
jeeperjohn56
Looking for a right side rocker panel in good shape, no holes from rust or major dents. If you do have one and want to part with only right side, give me a price plus SH to 94531. price might be reasonable. Thanks John
SECHSER
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Nov 19 2009, 05:23 AM) *

Looking for a right side rocker panel in good shape, no holes from rust or major dents. If you do have one and want to part with only right side, give me a price plus SH to 94531. price might be reasonable. Thanks John

hi john, thanks for your inquiry. i don't have any rocker panels.. however, one of the gentlemen inquired about my parts had proposed a possible trade with me on some stainless steel rocker panels that he makes.. i could pm you and put you in touch with him if you're interested in them, otherwise i don't have any rockers left from my wrecked car.
jeeperjohn56
Thanks Jack, I have a line on with someone, if that falls thru I'll get back to you. Thanks John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.