Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area March Breakfast/Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jenny
suggestions are also welcome. I'm not hosting this thing, just thought I'd get the ball rolling on alternatives.

Jen
SirAndy
it takes me 45 minutes to get to either location. sooo, i voted for the IHOP usual. getting there is my very own personal fun run!

plus, we can always hit the twisties in the hills after we schtuffed ourselves with swedish pancakes. chowtime.gif

Andy
JeffBowlsby
Sorry to hear that the Patricks^2 cant do the March Breakfast run.

That should not stop everyone else from putting something together. Wish I could be there, but my daughter has me tied up that morning. If nothing else, meet at the IHOP and drive the twisties after!

There was a 911 group that we were going todo Mines road with...why not chase them up the hill still?

I'll look for the photos and will be back for the April breakfast.
lapuwali
So, for those of us who are new, where is the usual IHOP?
Jenny
Corner of Lawrence expressway and Stevens Creek, right next to 280. Santa Clara.

I'll dig up a map.

Jen
Jenny
INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF PANCAKE
(408) 996-3393
5403 STEVENS CREEK BLVD
SANTA CLARA,CA
ppickerell
Jenny,
Thank you for trying to salvage my failed event! I owe you one. Need anything laser cut cool_shades.gif ?
Jenny
No problem. We'll still make you host a breakfast, you know that, right? wink.gif

Jen
fiid
I vote we do it this weekend instead of next. That way I can come. I vote for a good local diner instead of IHOP - I am working on some recommendations - maybe Stacks in RWC?? I vote TWISTIES!!!! On Sunday morning.
Jenny
Yum! chowtime.gif Stacks has great belgian waffles. Their wait is insane though, and their parking situation is even insanier blink.gif

Jen
EdwardBlume
Jenny, I saw your car today.... it needs paint. I've never seen a hot pink 914.
Jenny
I've always wanted the Barbie Corvette, ever since I was little. (I know, I know, I'm still little. lol3.gif

Jen
96conv
I'll run with you guys if you're doing the Mines Rd on 3/27 but I won't make it to breakfast as Santa Clara is pretty far from Benicia. I'll let other 911 owners know too. Will it be on 3/20 or 3/27?

Chris
McMark
I drove your car Jenny. Kinda loud with the back window out. biggrin.gif

But it was a nice drive top off at 8pm cruisin' to Novato. Nice to be in a 914 again. It's been way too long!
Jenny
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Mar 18 2004, 12:00 AM)
But it was a nice drive top off at 8pm cruisin' to Novato. Nice to be in a 914 again. It's been way too long!

I know what you mean. I had this HUGE shit-eating grin on my face last friday when I drove my car for the first time in months.

Thanks for driving up for me. pray.gif

Oh, and the back glass... My dad shattered my old one for me. <_< I'll have to see if Brad has any lying around. The silver tub came with ~3 extra back glasses in the rear trunk. Will have to locate them.

Jen
jonwatts
If not you can probably have mine. I don't think I'll be able to get it back in with the cage so I'll have to use plexi.
Jenny
thanks Jon. Trying to make your car lighter, I see... wink.gif

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE(96conv @ Mar 17 2004, 11:53 PM)
I'll run with you guys if you're doing the Mines Rd on 3/27 but I won't make it to breakfast as Santa Clara is pretty far from Benicia. I'll let other 911 owners know too. Will it be on 3/20 or 3/27?

27th ...

it looks like we're split 50/50 on the location/type of event wink.gif
Andy
Brad Roberts
3/27 would be better for me.. I'm moving this weekend.

B
Jenny
Shop, or residence?

Jen
Britain Smith
He is moving his residence from Novato to Hayward...if you are interested in helping let me know, Jason Samson and I are leaving the South Bay area at 7:00 a.m. Sat. morning.

-Britain
Dave_Darling
When will you be back? I may be able to help out. Especially if there's BEER involved! beer.gif

--DD
jonwatts
Yes, nothing encourages people to be extra careful with your private posessions than free beer. drunk.gif
Scott Carlberg
I could probably help out on Saturday, if you still need people.

I wouldn't be in Novato at 7 or 8am, but....
neo914-6
V8 group plans:

DATE: March 27, Saturday

parking lot, around Media Play and Dave & Busters.
http://www.greatmallbayarea.com/maps.html

TIME - tentative:
11AM - 1:00 Meet, check out cars, and eat at D&B
1:00 - 2:00 Drive twisties to Sunol via Calaveras Rd.
see: http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/CalaverasRd.htm
2:00 - 3:00 Meet at Sunol Coffee house and Cafe 11882 Main Street 925-862-2914
3:00+ Drive to Mines ???http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/LickObservatory.htm
96conv
Doesn't look like the NA 914s are going out on 3/27. Would you V8 914s mind having a 911SC tagging along? The rest of the BAR 911s are meeting at 0700 at the corner of hwy 35 and 92. That's too early for me.
neo914-6
96conv,
All are welcome. There's another 911 SC planning to come. People are coming to get ideas how to finish their cars, for motivation, researching a conversion, or just an excuse to drive.
Felix
pifcat2@yahoo.com
silver six
Just to clarify, are we still having breakfast at IHOP in Santa Clara, Saturday, March 27 at 9:14 in the morning? If so, this thread should be pinned to the top of the board. I'll be there if there's a club meeting but I'm a little confused.

Douglas
Jenny
I'm a bit confused as well. I'm not sure if there's anything planned besides the dave and buster/run. But this thread was just UNpinned this morning after it was deemed unworthy. laugh.gif

Jen
Dave_Darling
Since we can't seem to reach a consensus, I will make a freaking decision. (A rarity, BTW.)

I'll be at the Santa Clara IHOP at 9:14 AM this Saturday. If anyone else would like to show up, that would be just fine! smile.gif

--DD
Scott Carlberg
and what color is your 914 again? laugh.gif

sorry Dave, I just could NOT resist. beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 24 2004, 01:38 PM)
I'll be at the Santa Clara IHOP at 9:14 AM this Saturday.

me too. we need no stinking fun run! laugh.gif
shoguneagle
My, My!!! Dave certainly is fired up in making decisions since he had a pleasant encounter with the "Saturn". Have you encountered any more "perfect drivers"? Where is your 914 we keep hearing about?

I will be there in my "other 914"

Steve Hurt
anthony
You South Bay guys will do anything to avoid driving to the East Bay!
Dave_Darling
Damn right we will!! Have you ever been to the... Oh, right... You live over there, don't you? lol3.gif

I was just tired of seeing lots of people saying, "well where are we going to meet?" Nobody was stepping up to the plate, so I did. And most of the local crowd already knows how to get to the Santa Clara IHOP already.

The nice part is, you can still make it up to the East Bay in time for lunch! smile.gif

Oh, and my 914 is sitting comfortably in the garage. In several spots in the garage, as it's in several pieces, but...

--DD
L8Apex
WOW! OMG! I may actually make this one, since I pretty much live down the street! . I'll try my best!
Brad Roberts
Dont worry Anthony... very soon we will have a IHOP breakfast in Newark off of 84 and Ardenwood for the east bay people (like me)

B
L8Apex
Arg, little confused now. where is the meet going to be? I should have read the posts slower.
jonwatts
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 24 2004, 10:22 PM)
Dont worry Anthony... very soon we will have a IHOP breakfast in Newark off of 84 and Ardenwood for the east bay people (like me)

B

That is actually a really good location. It's central to more people and it might be a bigger restaurant. Then afterwards we can all go jump in Brad's pool. mueba.gif
mightyohm
Anyone else going to the V8 thing? I might stop by. I'm not sure, I am probably going to have a busy weekend. But a friend of mine is insisting that I go and take pictures.
Jenny
I might try to make both. I'm leaning more towards the IHOP deal because it's closer, and there's gonna be more familliar people. But a friend who's staying the weekend with us is attending the conversion thing in Milpitas, so I may end up there anyway. 914 overkill much??

Jen
silver six
Oh great. So Dave says he's showing up and magically the IHOP thing is on again for Saturday the 27th. Man. Now I know who really runs the Club.

But Dave, if you can't drive your car you, at least, have to bring something 914 related. How about you bring your flywheel?

Cool.

Douglas
mightyohm
Yeah bring it and give it to me. I might need a flywheel soon.

Need to check out the one I've got, but it's rusty as heck.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(silver six @ Mar 25 2004, 05:25 PM)
Oh great. So Dave says he's showing up and magically the IHOP thing is on again for Saturday the 27th. Man. Now I know who really runs the Club.

Didn't you get the memo yet? It really is all about me... Everything is--the universe, all of it.

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 25 2004, 07:00 PM)
Didn't you get the memo yet? It really is all about me... Everything is--the universe, all of it.

no, actually, that would be 42!
Jenny
nerd.
jonwatts
I'll bring a fresh terry towel
Jenny
Alright... So tomorrow, I'll see Andy, Dave, Doug, possibly Brad, and Jon (with a fresh terry towel) wink.gif

Jen
carreraguy
I'll try to make it too - depends on how much sleep I get tonight.

If I drive my Turbo can I arrive at 930? lol3.gif
jonwatts
Sure but you'll have to order from the taildragger menu (trust me, you don't want to order from the taildragger menu).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.