Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early 4 Lug Fuchs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Targa
It appears that I have not one, but two Fuchs with the early mounting surface(like an early Pedrini) that will not mount on my front rotors(75') unless I have them machined. Does anybody else have these or has anyone heard or seen of them? confused24.gif
r_towle
I'll takem off your hands,, seeing as they are of no use to you rolleyes.gif
Targa
Actually,
they work just fine in the rear. rolleyes.gif
Bleyseng
Since they came out in 73 with the 2.0L cars I don't see how they could be made for the early rotors.
Geoff
Lawrence
What, Geoff?

It's the early wheels (like Pedrini) that don't fit on later rotors. The later rotors have a self-centering ridge that the early wheels won't fit over.

Targa? Are you sure these aren't knock-offs? I checked various references, to include PET, and don't see any reference to pre-73 4 lug Fuchs.

-Rusty beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
I meant that the 4 bolts Fuchs were made for the later style hubcentric rotors. If he is having a problem fitting them its just cuz they are " tight". They do fit pretty damn tight on some cars.
Geoff
rhodyguy
easy test to confirm oem vs cast copy. part # on back, fuch (fox) head on back, dif ridge line on front, less back spacing.

kevin
Lawrence
Is that frog in your avatar? blink.gif

-Rusty
rhodyguy
chief(rusty), one morning last fall, i got up and found that frog in a gladiolus in one of my flowerbeds near near my house. i don't think you can see them but there are what appears to be a bunch of silver dots. the frog and the glad were covered in dew. i liked the contrast btween the green and the fusha. my avatar will probably change regularly. when things start to blossom you will understand why i choose "rhodyguy".

kevin
seanery
At first I thought maybe your last name was rhoda or something, then I thought you were a roady....and we all know they can't spell....well those of us that know a bunch of em that is....so I figured it must for rhody den drums or something, and then the frog in the flower and voila! Majek!

I don't have any flowers, I need to do something in my back yard.
Gary
Anyone know the offset of the 4 bolt fuchs? I have a set of 4. They're 5 1/2 X 15 and have a 914 part number and the fox head as said above.
Dave_Darling
Welcome to the wide, wonderful world of Karmann manufacturing.

Brad Mayeur once told me he had seen a set of Fuchs four-bolt wheels without the hub-centering cutout. Sounds like you have two more.

Alan Caldwell has one of the earliest 1973 2.0 914s around. He ordered it new from Porsche. It's a tailshifter.

There are smaller examples (73 tachs in some early 74 cars, etc.) all over the place.

I would be interested in seeing pics, as well as the part numbers!!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.