Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Many 914's do you own right now?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
naro914
Since a few of my buddies always joke with me about having to own multiple 914 so I always have spare parts, I figured I'd see how many of you are worse off than me.

TECHNICALLY, I currently own 4. At one point, I owned 6 but 3 were being used as donor chassis....

So...who's got what?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
over 200 "save the 914" and to h..l with the whales
tradisrad
Currently have 2. 1970 original paint w/2056, fuchs, center consol. 1973 was the donor for my '70. I am going to sell the '73 roller real soon.
naro914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 12 2009, 01:31 PM) *

I lOVE it!! Can we get shirts made up with that? It's SOOOO politically incorrect, but then again so is driving a car that has no catalytic converter and burns oil.... smile.gif
flipb

George,

How many have passed through your hands over the years? Have you owned, at one time or another, 1% of the entire 914 production run?
URY914
I cast my vote for 2 but I really have 1 1/2....
Sleepin
Three until next week. Down from 7...I am not doing too bad! biggrin.gif
Gigamight
really I have 2 titles, but almost all the parts from 3 1/2. ( I have a big pile o' parts, sux that I still have to buy stuff to finish 1 car)
Elliot Cannon
I've got two, one of which is going on the auction block in Palm Springs in a few weeks.
SirAndy
I own two. aktion035.gif

I know of a guy who estimates that he has cut up at least 1,000 over the years.
Too bad he didn't keep a record of all the VIN numbers ...

huh.gif Andy
TravisNeff
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 12 2009, 12:13 PM) *

I've got two, one of which is going on the auction block in Palm Springs in a few weeks.

Which one Elliot?
zymurgist
Taildragger boy here.

I don't own a 914 [ 1 ] [2.63%]

stirthepot.gif
jcd914
Depending on you definition of "own" I own 3 or less.
If title in your name is required, I own 1 (only 1 titled in my name).
If physical position is requires I own 2 (2 at my house).
If "I paid for it" is all that is required I own 3 (1 is at a friends house)

And I am claiming part of conedodger's 914 since it has my engine in it right now. biggrin.gif
Does that make it 3.5?

Jim

zymurgist
Ooo! Ooo! I'm going to claim Babydoll since I have custody of her. At least until Saturday, when we swap cars again.
CMONNETT
I curently have 2. A silver 73 2.0 and a zambezzi green 74 2.0.
MDG
Just the two; a six and a four.
orange914
only one right now but it took selling 1 and parting 3 out to get here. biggrin.gif
type47
I have 3 (see signature). Two running (actually, both run pretty well) and one project roller due to go to the body shop mid-Dec.
Rod
I have one. It's on the road, mint and at the moment a daily driver wink.gif This is my first 914 and the addiction has started, I'm already trying to clear garage space so I can have one 'factory original' and then buy a shell and spend the next decade building myself a V8 Beast! I now know i'm into 914's for life smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
agentblr
Just Picked up another on Monday so that makes 5 now 1 76 3 73s and 1 72 Save the 914 and fuch the whales !!
jt914-6
One right now......four in the last 33 years......one was an original factory six....
Al Meredith
A 74 in "gulf blue" and a 70 "6" being restored now. I once sold Auto Atlanta 7 sets of rear calipers . The mechanic who helped me unload them asked how many in the heavy box. I told him 7 sets and he said" where did you get so many" . I guess I had sent at least 7 914's to the scrap yard.
gopack
I voted one, but I also have about half of another one in the basement!
raw1298
Had two a month ago. Took parts I needed and sold one. My wife is very pleased! biggrin.gif
iamchappy
Own 1, have parts in sheds, and attics of 3 others that have been dismantled.
john grier
Ok,
I have three titled in my name. smile.gif
Two are running and driveing and one is a wrecked parts car. driving.gif
My brother on the other hand,
Well I have lost count. biggrin.gif
r_towle
5++ Cant really call it six.

Rich
morph
I voted 6 +.I have seven in the field two in the garage and prob at least the remanats of 12 others in a building.i have a briefcase filled with titles,ill have to add them to the dead list fo andy.the metal recycler didnt want the titles so i have all of them.
james
greenie
1 & maybe 1/3, an expensive disease.

ClayPerrine
Betty and I have two. But if you count up all the parts, I probably can build 2 or 3 more........

And I figured out what causes this disease. It is a parasite that you get from rusty metal.

oldschool
2 need more aktion035.gif
computers4kids
Just 1 now, but I do have 36 engine lids if that counts. smile.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 12 2009, 01:13 PM) *

Keep us updated on how it goes. smile.gif

popcorn[1].gif
Todd Enlund
I have most of one.
VaccaRabite
I think owning more then 1 would probably kill me. 1 is enough!
Zach
martman
I just got another one a week ago (95% restored) so now I am up to 3 and my wife is not loving it, 3-914, 2 run very well 1 going to be a ChumpCar Racer, 1-912, (running) "Why do we need 4 Porsches"? This is what I hear all the time.

I can't sell them.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(naro914 @ Nov 12 2009, 11:33 AM) *

I lOVE it!! Can we get shirts made up with that? It's SOOOO politically incorrect, but then again so is driving a car that has no catalytic converter and burns oil.... smile.gif

Thank you. I actually use that expression all of the time and being non inventive am proud of myself that I came up with it!!! Another is that: "If you have no body you have no car".
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(flipb @ Nov 12 2009, 11:35 AM) *

George,

How many have passed through your hands over the years? Have you owned, at one time or another, 1% of the entire 914 production run?

We have records of over 3100 we have either scrapped or sold. Over 33 years however that is just less than 100 a year!
naro914
QUOTE(martman @ Nov 13 2009, 01:40 PM) *

I just got another one a week ago (95% restored) so now I am up to 3 and my wife is not loving it, 3-914, 2 run very well 1 going to be a ChumpCar Racer, 1-912, (running) "Why do we need 4 Porsches"? This is what I hear all the time.

I can't sell them.

I have 4 914's, a 993, a '69 911, and we really want to get a GT3...

But..I will hopefully have one of the 914's sold next week, another may be sold to a guy that needs a donor car, and I'm still up in the air about the '69. So I am PLANNING on reducing the herd. We'll see....
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 13 2009, 11:09 AM) *

We have records of over 3100 we have either scrapped or sold. Over 33 years however that is just less than 100 a year!

Send me a spreadsheet and i'll add them to the VIN list ... shades.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
tracks914
Three with titles and this one for parts. Does it count for 1/2 a car?
JazonJJordan
(!) lol-2.gif -Really- some people hord all the fun... w00t.gif

JazonJJordan
wacko.gif haha!! E=mc #914 x sq rt parts / duplicates + trades - mailordered currently in transit...but not charged/real value if less than 1/2 the cost... idea.gif
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Nov 12 2009, 03:07 PM) *

Depending on you definition of "own" I own 3 or less.
If title in your name is required, I own 1 (only 1 titled in my name).
If physical position is requires I own 2 (2 at my house).
If "I paid for it" is all that is required I own 3 (1 is at a friends house)

And I am claiming part of conedodger's 914 since it has my engine in it right now. biggrin.gif
Does that make it 3.5?

Jim
JazonJJordan
Yup! chair.gif
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 12 2009, 10:49 PM) *

Betty and I have two. But if you count up all the parts, I probably can build 2 or 3 more........

And I figured out what causes this disease. It is a parasite that you get from rusty metal.

JazonJJordan
Sad man... its the medical disorder-
Irresistibile Tedesco Aautomobilistici Rivelazione (ITAR)
-irresistable German Racecar Revelation- disease.
Sorry...my friend...it is Terminali. (So drive safe-Fast!)
-Jordan-

QUOTE(oldschool @ Nov 13 2009, 12:20 AM) *

2 need more aktion035.gif

ChrisFoley
I voted 6, didn't count the two out back that are already cut in half.
1 street car, 1 race car, 1 good roller currently being restored for my wife,
1 chassis with cage and other mods - nearly completed needs paint and assembly to be a race car,
1 whole and on wheels needing major rustoration,
1 good stripped chassis waiting for its turn to be restored.
rwjames
Bob,

You need to go for the GT3!

I currently have two 914's. A Tangerine six and a Signal Orange four.

However, I may sell the 914-4 soon as I have four Porsches and only a two car garage. I'm tired of renting storage for two cars I don't have time to drive.

Toast
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Nov 13 2009, 11:44 AM) *

Three with titles and this one for parts. Does it count for 1/2 a car?

lol-2.gif

OMG! That really made me lol. Thanks for posting the pic of your "parts" car. laugh.gif
Toast
One for me.
Been my daily drive for 6 years now.
It had 42600 miles on it when I got it. It now has 3572. wub.gif

toast.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(Toast @ Nov 14 2009, 06:46 PM) *

One for me.
Been my daily drive for 6 years now.
It had 42600 miles on it when I got it. It now has 3572. wub.gif

toast.gif

Just like Christine, the ODO is running backwards..... :devilwoman:

av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.