Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My hubby will be in Austin TX with nothing to do!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rrr
I just took a new job, and will be in Austin the week of Nov 16th...Nov 30th. I will be in training all week, and Rob will be on his own. If there are any teeners out there that want to meet up with Rob...please contact him.

We are leaving on Saturday for Austin. Spending some time together on Sunday, but Monday thru Thursday he is on his own.

He can check emails at the hotel.

Thanks!
tat2dphreak
all I can say is too bad it's not Dallas biggrin.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 12 2009, 08:25 PM) *

Yea, Rob had dinner with Clay Perrine and his wife when he visited Dallas a while back.

I am bringing him on this trip for some R&R. He needs it! smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 12 2009, 07:34 PM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 12 2009, 08:25 PM) *

Yea, Rob had dinner with Clay Perrine and his wife when he visited Dallas a while back.

I am bringing him on this trip for some R&R. He needs it! smile.gif

I know a few single women in Austin, would that help to entertain him?
914rrr
Okay, let's get something straight. He is my boytoy! I am bringing him with me so I can have my fun. grouphug.gif

No sharing!!!

I know a few single women in Austin, would that help to entertain him?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 12 2009, 07:47 PM) *

Okay, let's get something straight. He is my boytoy! I am bringing him with me so I can have my fun. grouphug.gif

No sharing!!!

But you said he was on his own Monday thru Thursday. confused24.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Nov 12 2009, 09:07 PM) *

But you said he was on his own Monday thru Thursday. confused24.gif

But that part of him will be locked up! After 22 years together....I OWN IT NOW!
SGB
hahahaha.

Lotsa good music in Austin...
tat2dphreak
agree.gif

http://www.austinlinks.com/Music/

or just start walking down 6th St. at night and go in to where ever has tunes you like biggrin.gif

don't forget Stubbs BBQ, either.

during the day there was always something going on on Guadalupe, aka "the Drag"

ericread
If he's not allowed to go out and party, just direct him to the "Pole Barn" thread...

smile.gif

I really love Austin. Great city. The only downside is that it's surrounded by Texas... dry.gif
914rrr
Thanks guys for all the tips! He can go out and have fun. Just not with other girls. Remember, wives are territorial!
914Sixer
I am over in Boerne, just north of San Antonio. It is about 1 1/2 hr to Austin.
ericread
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 13 2009, 04:56 AM) *

I am over in Boerne, just north of San Antonio. It is about 1 1/2 hr to Austin.

If you make it over to San Antonio, go over and visit the basement of the Alamo. I understand there's a really cool bicycle stored there... rolleyes.gif

underthetire
So if your hubby is gone, what are you up to ? naughty.gif
spare time toys
If you got wheels go to the Salt lick BBQ chowtime.gif chowtime.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 13 2009, 12:10 PM) *

So if your hubby is gone, what are you up to ? naughty.gif

What am I up to??? Sitting in training class all week. Thought the hubby could use some R&R.

But now it has been delayed until Nov 30th.

914four
QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 13 2009, 05:29 AM) *

Thanks guys for all the tips! He can go out and have fun. Just not with other girls. Remember, wives are territorial!

So what's up with the Avatar? My wife does not approve of me keeping that kind of company.
914rrr
QUOTE(PH1 @ Nov 14 2009, 12:19 AM) *

So what's up with the Avatar? My wife does not approve of me keeping that kind of company.

It was Rob's birthday and we were at Road Atlanta. So I got the Pirelli Girls together for a photo with him. He was a happy boy!
DBCooper
An island in the sea of Texas... there's no such thing as "nothing to do" in Austin.

914rrr
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Nov 14 2009, 10:00 AM) *

An island in the sea of Texas... there's no such thing as "nothing to do" in Austin.

We are finding that out. smile.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 14 2009, 07:20 AM) *

Twenty-two years, so he's been pretty well trained, right? biggrin.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Nov 14 2009, 10:25 AM) *

QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 14 2009, 07:20 AM) *

Twenty-two years, so he's been pretty well trained, right? biggrin.gif

You can bet your booty! Plus, he values certain things he cannot live without! biggrin.gif
dakotaewing
A MUST DO is to go to Cuatro's and have the TUNA steak taco's...
The best taco's on the planet!!!!!
Don't let the thought of tuna fish scare you - These are huge hunks
of sliced Tuna STEAK - awesome!

http://www.cuatrosaustin.com/
turboman808
Plenty of stuff a guy on his own can find to do in Austin. The park is real nice and one of the biggest training spots for professional athletes in the US. 6th street is a great place for live music and lots of drinking.

I really do enjoy that city. I really think it's one of the nicest places in the US.
914rrr
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Nov 14 2009, 11:15 PM) *

A MUST DO is to go to Cuatro's and have the TUNA steak taco's...
The best taco's on the planet!!!!!
Don't let the thought of tuna fish scare you - These are huge hunks
of sliced Tuna STEAK - awesome!

http://www.cuatrosaustin.com/

We LOVE tuna steaks!!! My mouth is watering!! chowtime.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Nov 14 2009, 11:34 PM) *

Plenty of stuff a guy on his own can find to do in Austin. The park is real nice and one of the biggest training spots for professional athletes in the US. 6th street is a great place for live music and lots of drinking.

I really do enjoy that city. I really think it's one of the nicest places in the US.

You know, we are moving away from Tennesse...and back to Florida was our destination. Watch us fall in love with Austin! All of you are giving us alot to think about!
turboman808
QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 15 2009, 03:01 AM) *

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Nov 14 2009, 11:34 PM) *

You know, we are moving away from Tennesse...and back to Florida was our destination. Watch us fall in love with Austin! All of you are giving us alot to think about!

I am doing a lot of work down in tampa and miami now. If this keeps up it will make more sense to move there. I will have to see how the next 2 years play out. Having a rich friend with a penthouse apartment on the beach in miami I can use whenever I want sure makes me wonder why I stay in nj. My fiancee would like to live in tampa. She went to college there and loves it.

Still I really want to call austin home at some point in my life. I dated a girl down there for about a year and spent every other weekend in austin. I just fell in love with the city. The girl however I didn't. I still try to make it to the south by southwest festival.
charliew
The Texas economy is slow but nothing like most other places. Right now is a good time to buy a new place. You could say the texas hill country is a lot like tennesse but with milder winters. Austin is a nice place to shop and visit but I like the country and hate the traffic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.