Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Brand New Holley/Weber Progressive Carb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Nor.Cal.914
My dual carbs are starting to crap out on me and I want to return back to my single Weber progressive carb setup. The single carb that I currently have doesn't work properly so I am in the market for a brand new one. If anyone here has one or has a link to somewhere that carries this carb, please let me know. I would like to get a new one as soon as possible as my mileage is suffering greatly from my duals. Please let me know. Thanks
-Chris
IronHillRestorations
No single progressive carb works properly on a type 4 engine, that would be the absolute last choice for 914 carburation.

If your fuel economy is that bad, you need the correct venturi/jet package for your engine.
tat2dphreak
agree.gif

aircooled.net has an excellet tech article on proper jetting.
Nor.Cal.914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Nov 14 2009, 06:20 AM) *

No single progressive carb works properly on a type 4 engine, that would be the absolute last choice for 914 carburation.

If your fuel economy is that bad, you need the correct venturi/jet package for your engine.

confused24.gif Why is that? I believe that my mileage is suffering because of a possible needle and seat problem. But at the same time, it could be more than that and I just don't know. I just wanted to throw a single carb back on for ease of tuning and driveability. Would you suggest a single carb that is NOT progressive? Please let me know. Thanks
-Chris
IronHillRestorations
The problem is the intake runners. They are too long and also the fuel puddles in the bottom of the intake. This is why the engine falls on it's face when you floor it at low rpms, too much vacuum loss and the fuel puddling problem.

Yes, it's more expensive to buy the dual set up, but it's best for driveability, fuel economy, and performance.

If you have a stock engine, the fuel injection is best, but I know that can be a major PITA, with old components, etc.

If rebuilding the carbs is over your head, consider sending them to a pro rebuilder and having them put the correct jets and venturis.

What engine is this, and what carbs do you have now?
41ghost
check, cip1.com. they have what you are looking for. if you are a stock setup and just want good performance i've herd dual single carb set up works great , certainly better than a progressive, cip's have one that is 40mm , should work great in your case. sets up just like a dual weber only singles.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(9146986 @ Nov 14 2009, 08:20 PM) *

What engine is this, and what carbs do you have now?

agree.gif What brand, number and size are the dual carbs?
41ghost
C13-43-4500 - EMPI DUAL 40mm BROSAL (SOLEX) CARBURETOR KIT WITHOUT CHOKE - ALL 17-2000CC BUS & TYPE-4 ENGINES
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I have had all 3 types on my 1.7 ,, please keep the dual webers . I regularly

preach against the single progressive ,and small duel 1 barrels. P.M. me and

and we will discuss this further. That is if your life and passengers is worth a plug

nickel to you. Dave slap.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.