Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody Have A Picture of Frame A Without The Rear Triangle?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenshapiro2002
As I await the arrival of my needed right rear triangle, I'm wondering where to do the cutting to make room for it. I'm sure it will be more apparent when the part arrives, but I'm dying for an image. If anybody has a picture of their repair work...with everything in except the triangle, I'd greatly appreciate it.
rick 918-S
Can't help with a photo but here's a icon_bump.gif for ya!
Cap'n Krusty
What's a "right rear triangle"? The Cap'n
plymouth37
I probably have a pic but I don't know what that is.
SirAndy
If i'm not mistaken, they're spot-welded. To remove what's left of yours, get a spot-weld drill bit, find the factory spot welds and drill them out.

smash.gif Andy
ws91420
He is looking for a picture in the area near where the engine bar mounts IIRC.
type47
Check out the Auto Atlanta catalog (on-line), they have alot of good diagrams for the repair panels that may help you.
kenshapiro2002
The triangle where the right rear jacking doughnut is mounted.

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 15 2009, 11:00 AM) *

What's a "right rear triangle"? The Cap'n

Richard Casto
Ken,

Hope these two help. These are before/after of me welding in my replacement triangle+donut. I cleaned up the welds a bit more after those pictures were taken when I put the jack receiver back on the car. You can find more here...

http://motorsport.zyyz.com/project_914_03_04.htm

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

kenshapiro2002
GREAT!!! Thanks.

QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Nov 16 2009, 08:42 AM) *

Ken,

Hope these two help. These are before/after of me welding in my replacement triangle+donut. I cleaned up the welds a bit more after those pictures were taken when I put the jack receiver back on the car. You can find more here...

http://motorsport.zyyz.com/project_914_03_04.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.