Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weather stripping kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RMally
Is there a complete weather stripping set that anyone sells, or is it just by the piece or section.

Besides pelican, where can you buy weather stripping for the 914.

Thanks,

underthetire
914rubber.com
auto atlanta
welcome.png
sean_v8_914
Mark Whitesell is the man
http://shop.914rubber.com/
sean_v8_914
he is an engineer who made seals for his own car that he could not find. now he makes them for us.
Joe Owensby
I got a complete set from Autoatlanta a few years ago. They all fit pretty nicely, and still look OK.
RMally
Thanks fella's,

This is my first 914 and when I get her back from paint I want to make sure all the rubber is replaced.

This is what I did all weekend, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

It's a 1974 in Ravenna Green.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=196
996]
MDG
Congrats on the car!

and
welcome.png
bandjoey
That'll clean up to be a great car! Now change out the Italian Poster on the wall! lol-2.gif
ps. 914rubber has the best in price and qulity..I'm a very satisified customer. Bill
lotus_65
welcome to the jungle, looks like you have a nice base to work from. hows the hell hole?

marks products are excellent, but he doesn't have all pieces yet. i thought auto atlanta's price was good for a complete set.

thefleur
RMally
Thanks for the kind welcome,

The Hell hole area is fine, all jack points and longs are solid as well. I looked for quite a while for a rust free car, wasn't able to find a 2.0, and then I saw this 1.8 Ravenna Green and had to get it.

When I get the car back from paint I'll throw up some photos.

QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Nov 17 2009, 05:27 AM) *

welcome to the jungle, looks like you have a nice base to work from. hows the hell hole?

marks products are excellent, but he doesn't have all pieces yet. i thought auto atlanta's price was good for a complete set.

thefleur
bigkensteele
QUOTE(RMally @ Nov 17 2009, 06:34 PM) *

Thanks for the kind welcome,

The Hell hole area is fine, all jack points and longs are solid as well. I looked for quite a while for a rust free car, wasn't able to find a 2.0, and then I saw this 1.8 Ravenna Green and had to get it.

When I get the car back from paint I'll throw up some photos.

QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Nov 17 2009, 05:27 AM) *

thefleur

That would be a 308 Quatrovalvole if I am not mistaken. Wayne Dempsey, the owner of Pelican Parts has one also, thanks to all of us who buy Porsche parts from him blink.gif
Mikey914
I couldn't resist but take a look at this

16 Piece Rubber Kit includes: My World price
Windshield to top seal $179

Left roll bar vertical seal
Right roll bar vertical seal $36

Left top to sode seal
Right top to side seal $38

Left outer door seal
Right outer door seal $74

Left inner door seal
Right inner door seal $32

Front hood seal Both seals $80

Rear trunk seal Both seals $47

Engine lid to trunk seal $26

Fender to cowl seals (2) $7

Left outer door glass wiper strip
Right outer door glass wiper strip $12

Rear roof seal $40

If you check the math
$571 and you get the bulkhead seals for both trunks.

I'll offer you the same kit at 50% off $1285 biggrin.gif

To be fair, my seals are not OEM, where the Zim's my be al OEM. I have made some modifications, such as aluminum internals on all. These numbers do include the ends "cut and plugged" on mine.

I do have the lower front targa seal,the lower dash to windshield, the deck lid welting and door handle isolators. These would make it a more complete kit.

I personally would replace the triangle window seals in the doors ( I do not have but they are under developement, and I should have in 6-8 weeks). As well as the front turn signal seals, George at AA has those now. And George's kit is more reasonably priced

I have put together packages for several members in the past, the only problem is that you sometimes you get seals you don't need. If anyone wants a "package" I would be happy to put one together for your specific aplication. I typically can knock a few bucks, but as you can see my margins are not huge.

If I'm out of line on this I'll edit or remove my post, but it just isn't a screaming deal.
RMally
You have good eyes, it's a 1985 308 QV.

Click to view attachment
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 17 2009, 10:55 PM) *

If I'm out of line on this I'll edit or remove my post, but it just isn't a screaming deal.

Thanks for the comparison!! Saving folks $$$ is never out of line in my book!! beerchug.gif
bandjoey
Personally, Mikeys is better quality than oem. He's fixed the things Oem missed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.