Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the F.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
What is going on here. Left my car jackstanded on Pside overnight and woke up to this. Only oil on motor that is visable is bottom of value cover along edge. The car had 4 qts of BPBI Oil and has never been turned over. Car sat for tow days flat and jackstanded on Dside with out any leakage. This only appeared since last qt of oil was put in and car was jackstanded on Pside.

Valve cover gasket? It was put in on bench makes me think not but what else could this be?

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions please
as always thanks in advance
Ken

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Do you still have the thermostat?

idea.gif Andy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 15 2009, 05:39 PM) *

idea.gif Andy

No thermostat installed..
Mark Henry
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Nov 15 2009, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 15 2009, 05:39 PM) *

idea.gif Andy

No thermostat installed..

What Andy is saying is check to see if you replaced the bolt from the T-stat wheel.
If not you have an open hole in your engine case and it would have dribbled out when you added the last litre of oil.
No Tstat but the guide wheel is in place I believe. Case bolt right?

It lost approx. 1/4 qt overnight. Dipstick right at full. Cleaned all up and Primed motor. Oil appeared along bottom VC below second PR tube back from front. PR tube/head area do not have oil on them. Just don't think gasket is kinked. Could the VC be bent is my line of thinking?

Guess it's coming off either way...
TravisNeff
head vent tube?
r_towle
Inner push rod tube seal

Rich
Mark Henry
My money is you cut some of the head PR tube seals on install. head PR seals look like a VC leak.
You must sand the sharp edge around the head PR tube hole and spin the tube as you install to avoid cutting the seal.
jt914-6
Get 'er fixed Ken.......Hy 298 is calling your name...... driving.gif
SGB
I really could be the cork gasket. Some of the quality products from overseas tend to not conform to the sahape well, lifting along the top or bottom and leaving a veritable hole.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.