Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this from the factory?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cire
Are these supports from the factory? Is this a kit from a 3rd part company?

Thanks gang.

Eric

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SECHSER
hmm... hard to tell.. but i do know someone who could weld looking just like factory weld tho. i'd think if you really really have to know, maybe you could strip that paint a bit and find out what you see.
scotty b
This too is factory.
charliew
That is stripped by blasting.
r_towle
That is the factory setup to tie the inner and outer suspension points together...its ugly, but its factory.
Fun fact...there is rust under there...
If you are going to all that trouble, take them off and clean up underneath.

Rich
Cire
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 15 2009, 05:29 PM) *

That is the factory setup to tie the inner and outer suspension points together...its ugly, but its factory.
Fun fact...there is rust under there...
If you are going to all that trouble, take them off and clean up underneath.

Rich

How can there be rust under them? The sand blasting took off all the paint and I dont see any bleeding through the seems. Where is it at? = ) Help me understand.

Thanks.

Eric
scotty b
Lap joints sweat inbetween. Over a period of 30 years all that sweating forms rust.
sean_v8_914
sad but true...I have a hard time knowing where to stop.
Cire
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 15 2009, 05:53 PM) *

Lap joints sweat inbetween. Over a period of 30 years all that sweating forms rust.

I would end up taking the entire car apart to get every spec of rust. It looks strong, feels strong, sounds strong, smells strong and tastes strong. = ) I think the Engman long kit will be enough to get us down the road a few years. = )

Thanks for the depressing realization about rust and the poor little 914. = )

Eric
ChrisFoley
Tap on the bottom with the pointy end of a welder's chipping hammer and you will quickly know if it needs repair or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.